match days

I drag the eyeliner towards the outer corner of my eye, trying to hold my hand steady as my playlist echoes throughout the bathroom. Finishing my eyeliner, I lean back and observe my eye make up, humming in satisfaction as I grab my lip products. I absolutely loved getting ready, the excitement of listening to my favorite songs while practically creating art on my face, paired with a nice drink never failed to put me in a good mood.

Virgil had told me to get ready for a date. Only giving me the hint of it being a "nice" place.
So, I grabbed the prettiest outfit I had managed to pack. A white satin dress, the long sleeves decorated with small embellishments. I was going to choose a mini-dress, but decided to go for something more safe and still classy, considering the weather. The cherry red kitten heels Virgil had gotten me back in Liverpool dressing up the outfit just right, along with a nice bag I had thankfully packed with me.

My tranquil state is interrupted by Virgil's deep, but comforting voice calling from the door of the bathroom. I whip my head around, replying with a 'Yeah, come in!' and return back to putting my jewelry on.

He pushes the door open, walking up to me as I struggle to put on my gold necklace.

"Need help?" He asks, his hands coming up to my hands.

I hum, his hands grazing mine as I hand him the necklace. He latches the clasp quickly and I turn to face him. Checking out his outfit.

His black trousers, just the right amount of baggy, not too much and not those ugly tight trousers some men willingly decide to wear. His top what I assume, a cashmere sweater. The Audemars Piguet watch completing the look perfectly. I had seen that brand of watches on my ex- all the damn time, but seeing Virgil wearing it made the watch look about ten times better.

"You look nice." I tell him, watching the corners of him lips curl up in a smirk. He leans forward, planting a kiss above my ear, knowing I didn't want to mess up my make up immediately.

"You too." He whispers, close to my ear making my own lips curl up in a smile. I turn away, grabbing my bag.

"Can we go now? I'm dying out of curiosity."

"Car will be here in five minutes. Let's go."

I hold onto Virgil's hand as we step into the elevator

I hold onto Virgil's hand as we step into the elevator. Slightly tense, because I hadn't stopped thinking of running into my ex- in the elevator, the lobby, even the grocery store down the street, even though I knew that man would never enter a grocery store. Delivery was his only solution to life.

I watch the digital number of the elevator change. I knew the elevator would go slow until level fifty, then practically flash through the rest of the levels.

Though, my heart practically stops beating as the elevator announces a stop at level fifty. My body tenses immediately, my grip on Virgil's hand tightening unbeknownst to me. The elevator doors open, the sudden imaginary feeling of my heart jumping out of chest making me tense up even more. I watch the doors open, squinting out of fear and anxiety, only for an older man to step in, literally looking nothing like my ex- or anyone I knew whatsoever.