a mountain and the waves

I throw my heavy bag onto the red chair, placed in the corner of the medical room. The match today was against Aston Villa, and I was insanely nervous, but curious about how it would play out.

Not having Virgil in the starting center-back position, was something unusual. Though, we did have Joe and Joel to take care of that today and surely they would be more than capable to successfully defend the team.

I walk back out to watch the warm up, coming across Ryan as I walk towards the tunnel.

"So, how do you feel? Does it feel real to become a Liverpool player?" I ask him.

"Feels insane, I'm so excited to watch the game."

I pat his shoulder, giving him a smile.

"You deserve it. I've seen you become an amazing player. I'm sure you'll fit right in."

We both walk onto the pitch as I give him a second to take the stadium in. Anfield was definitely a beauty to observe.

I greet the players as they walk onto the pitch, observing them carefully for any injuries. Thankfully, no one seemed to look uncomfortable or injured.

I walk back into the medical room, sitting down and watching the match kick off. Getting fully invested into the game, eyes piercing the flat screen as if it would send the ball flying towards the goal.

Only three minutes in, Trent is given a corner to kick. He shoots, totally missing everyone. I stand up from my seat, nails digging in my palm as I watch the screen intently. Dom gets the ball as it kindly drops in front of him and GOAL. His first Liverpool goal!

I cheer to myself, a bright smile planted on my face as I hear the stadium erupt in cheers, yelling being heard through the thick walls.

A sudden hand makes contact with my arm slightly gripping it, surprising me. I whip my head around, eyes widened and fist clenched as I raise it almost punching a shocked Virgil. He stares back at me. I drop my fist immediately, clearing my throat.

Why the hell was he here?

I had been overly sensitive and aware of my surroundings lately, dropping my guard for a bit made me realize how tense my body actually felt.

"What the fuck? You surprised me!" I swear, brows knitted in confusion.

He smiles sheepishly before letting go of my arm, something glistening in his eyes. "You almost beat me up!" He exclaims loudly.

"Of course I did. I was just chilling and celebrating. You just shocked me by grabbing my arm duh!" I say, hands now planted on my hips.

"I'm sorry, I'll knock next time. I promise." He says, walking to sit on the medical bed. I can't help but watch his movements, his tall frame walking away from me. I observe his outfit, and raise my brows. Still in club clothes, even when he's not playing.

"You're-I didn't know you'd be here. Thought you'd be home or at the training center." I say, standing up to go up to him.

"Decided I'd come to support my team. A captain should always be there, right?" A cocky smile placed on his lips, he folds his arms up to his chest. He's practically man-spreading as he looks down at me, since his frame was still taller than mine, even when he was sitting.

My eyes travel up and down his stature, raising my brow at his comment. My heart skips a beat when I notice a bit of smugness in his eyes.