laugh through the pain

A/N: I'm back! Still a little sick but we push through. Life's been hectic lately with uni applications and exams. Even so we're almost reaching the end of the story. 😭 please don't forget to leave a vote <3

"I'm sorry mom, it hasn't been that long even

"I'm sorry mom, it hasn't been that long even. So I wanted to keep it private, but you know how it unfolded."

I hear her sigh, accompanied by the sound of the TV in the background.

"y/n, we are your parents. Couldn't you have said a single thing?"

"I wanted to but the way you've been adamant on me getting back with that piece of shit. I didn't think you'd even be happy with it." I try to reason, nervously chewing on my bottom lip.

"No, we would be happy."

"What do you mean? You've been talking my ear off about him when you call, even in my dreams! You show up and scold me about it, in my dreams mom."

"Look I said all of that, and I realize maybe I shouldn't have. Just thought that would be the best for everyone!"

"Everyone mom? Really? You don't even know some of the things that happened in between us!"

I hear her sigh again, hearing footsteps, assuming she's walking around the house.

"I'm just disappointed to hear that my daughter is dating someone from my friends, and not my own daughter."

"If I told you last time I was home. You and dad would be fine with it?"

"Yes."

"You're being serious?" I ask, confused by her change of opinion.

"Obviously, your dad has been bragging about you since he heard it."

I raise my brow in curiosity, sitting up from the sofa.

"What do you mean?"

"He's been getting calls left and right. His friends asking about you and your- boyfriend."

"Oh- what is he saying?"

"He cuts them off when they ask about your boyfriend. Ignores the questions and changes the topic to how good of a physiotherapist you are."

"Mom, you don't have to pretend-"

"Of course not! He hasn't stopped talking about you."

This gives me a great feeling of relief, like huge weight was lifted off my chest.

"So, what I'm getting is. You both aren't mad about me dating someone else? Just mad I didn't tell you?"