Chapter 5 ~ Visitors Visiting Too Early

Chapter 5

Visitors Visiting Too Early

“What is the matter Lord Elrond, that you wish to speak to us about?” Aragorn asked. I tried to chew and swallow as fast as I could so I could have my input heard. 

“We are going to the Court Yard. The elves, dwarves and men have been seen by the Watch Tower and are arriving shortly. You shall escort them around and show them to their rooms. Aragorn the dwarves will be opposite you. Alana the Elves will be sleeping in the room opposite yours. There’s also been a change of plans, Alana. Mirima can’t be found anywhere. You will also escort the men around. Their room will be to the left beside yours.” He said. I groaned. The men were all greedy and high-maintenance, which I had no patience for. I sighed and swallowed my cake. 

“As you wish Lord Elrond.” I said bowing my head. 

“Go on ahead. I have matters I wish to discuss with Gandalf.” Elrond said dismissing us. He nodded and walked away. We continued walking until we reached the courtyard. We entered the courtyard and looked around. 

There was a large marble circle with and majestic doorframe opposite us. The path beyond it leads out of Rivendell. There were two carved stone benches beside each side of the path we were standing on. 

“Do you want to have a seat while we wait for our company?” Aragorn asked. 

“Shall we?” I asked. I sat down on the nearest bench and patted the cold stone next to me. He walked over and plopped down next to me. 

“You’re coming to the council aren’t you?” Aragorn asked me grinning. 

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” I replied smirking. 

“But how? He has Arwen waiting for you in the library?” he asked. I thought about it with my head cocked to one side.

“I’ll manage it. Just like the time I managed to paint all the apples in the courtyard gold.” I chuckled.

“So that was you?” he asked in disbelief. I nodded and he laughed while shaking his head. He continued, “What are we going to do with you?” 

“Hey, it wasn’t just me. Mirima helped me do it. She’s in all my classes. We were learning while doing it. Arwen had sent us outside to read the Legend of the Golden Apple so we reenacted it larger scale.” I said. Apart from Aragorn, she was my closest friend at Rivendell she was rescued from my village a few days after I arrived at Rivendell.

~ Flash Back ~

I stood next to Aragorn and Gandalf as we waited for the group of riders sent to search for any survivors. I heard the thunder of hooves approaching and grabbed Aragorn’s hand for comfort. I looked up and him and he looked down at me. He squeezed my hand in reassurance. We both looked back towards the majestic marble doorframe. The elves turned the corner and came into view. 

I looked at the elves, searching for any relative or friend of mine I had not seen die. There were barely any survivors as it was. There was a male elf, a female elf a baby and a girl who was my age. I looked at her recognizing her. She was the sister of my brother’s best friend. 

The boys were sometimes made to play with both of us, for they were always having fun by themselves without their younger siblings. My brother never minded though we loved each other to pieces, never arguing or fighting, her brother though was an entirely different story. He hated both Mirima and me. 

She looked at me and recognized me too. She was lifted off the horse and set down on the ground. I let go of Aragorn’s hand and ran towards her. She opened her arms and we hugged each other relying on each other for strength. We both burst into tears as we remembered all our friends and family who died on that terrible day.

~ End Of Flashback ~

Aragon started laughing. I looked at him strangely. He kept laughing and I frowned. 

“What are you laughing at?” I asked. He fell off the bench, he was laughing so hard. I got the feeling he was laughing at me. I was laughing too. Eventually my laughing begun to slow, I put my hand out to help him up. He took it and pulled me down with him. I had fallen so that my head was on his chest, which was shaking with laughter.

~ ~ ~ HELLOOOOO my peeps! Well if you follow both my books it is your lucky day. TWO posts in an hour. Lucky you guys!!! 

Hey you! Yeah YOU!!! READING MY BOOK! LOVE YA!!! ~ ~ ~