2

"so, jacob, how long have you and kevin been a thing for?" younghoon takes a sip after asking.

"this month is our 7th together. we got together on the first week of school," jacob smiles at the answer. he was thanking the lord that his boyfriend wasn't at the table, otherwise, he wouldn't be able to answer the question without stuttering or blushing from kevin's joking smirks.

"did you guys know each other before that?" jaehyun reaches into the middle to spear a piece of chicken with his fork and bites into it.

"yeah, we were both in the international students association the year before that and were paired up for the buddy project."

"he's also from canada?" jaehyun raises his eyebrows in surprise.

"yeah, but he's from vancouver, the opposite side of the country from me."

"do your parents know about him?" younghoon cautiously asks, making sure it isn't a question that crosses a line.

"oh yeah, and they love him. we visited for a week during our winter break and by the end of the trip, i don't think my parents would ever stop asking for pictures of me and him. jeff even told me mom prints the pictures i send and hangs them on my room door."

the three all laugh at mrs. bae's antics, with juyeon and kevin arriving at the table just when they stop.

"what's so funny?" kevin slides into his seat next to his boyfriend.

"not much, just telling them about the shrine mom's making for us back home," jacob nuzzles his head into the younger's shoulder.

"hey, be mindful of the single ones here," younghoon throws a fry at them.

"you got two bottoms waiting for you at home, i don't think you get a say in this," jaehyun points a finger.

"one, chanhee's gonna burst if he knows what you just said. and two, you're one to talk, you choose to be single," younghoon fights back.

"wait, jaheyun sunbae's single?" juyeon furrows his eyebrows as his thoughts go in several directions. that didn't seem right, especially with the rumors of him having a new boyfriend every 2 weeks.

the waiter returns with a tray full of new drinks, taking away the empty glasses and refilling their table.

"hey, how am i supposed to meet my person if i'm not active about it?!" jaehyun raises his hands in defense.

"sure, you're so active that every time eric goes into the dorm, he's always complaining in the group chat about the sounds he hears from your room," younghoon drops, and juyeon chokes on his soda from the bluntness.

"oh yeah, i've heard from youngjae that this year especially has been unbearable, what's up with that?" jacob asks. "he even came to my dorm and slept on the couch for 3 nights before going back."

"stress, and stress does shitty things to people," the senior shrugs. "anyways, let's stop talking about my sex life, shall we?"

"juyeon's been really quiet since we were here, what're you up to?" kevin intentionally steers the conversation to his friend's direction. juyeon looks at the canadian with a dirty look, panicking at the sudden attention on him.

"just, you know, school work and stuff," the junior sips his drink, the alcohol making him cringe a bit.

"oh yeah, been meaning to ask, what do you think of mr. lee?" jaehyun leans on the table, getting closer so he wouldn't have to shout over the loud music. he was sitting the furthest away from juyeon, making it hard to hear anything.