3

"that's disgusting, how can anyone eat that?" juyeon scrunches his nose and jaehyun dips his french fries into his chocolate milkshake.

"try it! it only looks disgusting, but it really isn't," he urges, pushing the tray closer to the younger.

he takes a piece, swirls a bit in his vanilla shake, and bites it. granted, it's not that bad but juyeon couldn't eat it with every single bite.

"not bad, but i'm gonna stick to ketchup for the time being."

"boring," the older rolls his eyes and continues to eat the combination. "so, does this beat the club?"

"by miles. kinda sketchy that it's just us here though," juyeon looks around the empty food court that was eerily quiet except the two of them talking and some machines running behind the counters.

"it's 11 o'clock on a friday night. most people are out at the same place we came from or inside their cozy homes. besides, i've never been out this late with anyone like this."

"what do you mean? from what i gathered, seems like going out late at night seems to be your way of destressing every weekend."

"that's an exaggeration and a lie that younghoon likes to bring up every time he sees me," jaehyun points a french fry in juyeon's direction as if to emphasize his point. "sure, i go out and party and whatever, but it's maybe once every 3 weeks i take someone back with me for the night."

"that's not what the rumors say," juyeon says under his breath and it catching jaehyun's attention.

"yeah well, rumors aren't always true, right?" the latter leans back into his chair. "c'mon, i know you've got some questions."

"and you're ok with me asking anything?"

"i'll tell you when i don't want to answer anything and you seem to be a pretty thoughtful person. go ahead, anything."

"alright...first of all, how do you really know my name?"

"i explained it already. the senior class in general just knows you so i just heard about you. i've always wanted to meet you though."

"how'd you get roped into coming? didn't younghoon hyung have to ask you?"

"i wasn't doing anything tonight so i was just gonna stay inside but he mentioned that you were there."

"me?"

"yes, you. and he knows that i've been curious about you for a while so, i decided to just come and see how you are."

"that doesn't sound weird at all," juyeon sarcastically says.

"hey, i'm serious. usually, no one catches my eye at first glance, but since a certain point, i've been having a fun time seeing you in class. did you know that you don't talk to anyone and that resting face really does make you look like an ice prince?" jaehyun comes closer and rests his head on the palm of his hand.

"so what, is this like a "fell in love at first glance" kind of shit?" juyeon finishes his milkshake and sets it aside. "this is sounding like an odd confession."

"take it as you will, i'm simply saying that you caught my eye and i've always wanted a chance to interact with you, one on one, for a while now."

"and you couldn't just come up to me by yourself?"

"younghoon was more than willing to help, something about you being single throughout university and it's about time someone took initiative about that."