Vol 1, Sortie 6: A Warriors start

Inside Beacons auditorium were a large group of students while on the stage stood two people. Jaune Arc, who was breathing heavily while using his sword to support himself, and Cardin Winchester, who was holding his mace over his shoulder. Jaune looked up to see Cardin laughing at his tiredness, as he gathered his strength and charged at Cardin, only for him to jump out of the way. As Jaune looked back, Cardin swung his mace directly at Jaune's shield, sending him flying back. 

While this was happening, team RWBY, JNPR and the Vesper's watched the match, with Pyrrha and Rusty quietly rooting for him. Jaune got up from the ground only to realize that his shield was gone. He didn't give up though, as he charged Cardin again and swung his sword down on him, only for it to be blocked by Cardin's mace. He began to overpower Jaune by pushing him back.

Cardin: "This is the part where you lose."

Jaune: "Over my dead-"

Jaune was cut off when Cardin kneed him in the gut, causing Jaune to drop his sword and fall onto the ground in pain. Cardin stood over Jaune, rasing his mace above his head, ready to strike him down but was halted when the lights came back on and a buzzer went off. 

Glynda: "Cardin, that's enough!"

Cardin lowered his weapon and walked away from Jaune, placing his mace head down on the floor. Glynda walked onto the stage while holding a tablet in her hand.

"As you can see, Mr. Arc's aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match."

Jaune slowly sat up from the floor from his defeat with Pyrrha and Rusty looking at Jaune with some sadness. 

"Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat."

Jaune pulled out his scroll to see his aura level being in the red while his teammates aura were in the green.

"Gauging your aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?"

Cardin: "Speak for yourself..."

Glynda: "Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from other kingdoms start arriving, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!"

All of the students began to grow excited by the news of the Vytal Festival, such as Freud cracking his knuckles out of anticipation; Rusty growing an excited smile; and Pater, who was more excited for the festivities rather than the tournament. Snail though felt rather disappointed, as they would be representing Vale and Beacon instead of Atlas and it's kingdom. Though he still looks forward to showing off the prowess of his team and their abilities. As the bell rang, everyone began to leave the auditorium. As Rusty was leaving with his team, he walked by Pyrrha who still had a saddened look on her face. Rusty walked up behind Pyrrha and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Rusty: "I get you're worried about him, but give him time. I know things will get better."

Pyrrha: "(Sigh) I hope you're right Rusty..."

Rusty then walked off to catch up with his team while Pyrrha made her way to Jaune, who was still sitting on the ground, defeated. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

*In the cafeteria*

While everyone was eating their food, they were also doing their own things. Pater was sitting next to Blake on her right side, sharing and reading a book together. Snail sat in between Yang and Weiss while looking over some class notes, with Weiss taking an occasional glance once every few seconds. Rusty sat in between Weiss and Ruby, while Freud sat next to the left side of Nora, each of them listening to her story. Except Weiss and Snail, who were occupied doing their own thing.