to the market

Prince Gabriel of the Kingdom Reveer, walked into his father's throne room, lightly bowing.

He was a striking young man at 23, taking after his late mother.

His curly hair was fluffy and white, his eyes like pools of pale blue water.

He was slim, and stood at an average of 5'6.

His clothing was royal, a deep blue accented with a white ruffle shirt and gold buttons and chains, his knee high boots black,
His three-pointed golden crown accented with 3 blue diamonds.

His Father, King Jinathik, was a taller man at 5'11, and he was a tan, dark haired gruff man built like a carriage.

"Father. May I go to the market?"

King Jinathik, sighed heavily.
"You can, but you must bring your guard with you. Sir Rinald."

Sir Rinald was never far away from Gabriel. They had grown up together, and Gabriel had chosen him out of the knight program to be his guard.

They had been best friends, and still were.

Sir Rinald walked into the room from behind Gabriel, his massive armour clinging.

He was huge.
Rinald had grown up as the adopted son of the head of the royal knights.

They had found him as a baby abandoned in the woods.

He was a wood giant.
A giant race which grew to be 8 to 9 feet tall which were incredibly agile and swift.

He stood at 9'3, tall even for his race.
His armour had to be custom made, and made repeatedly as he grew.

He was now 23 as well.

He kneeled, bowing his head to the king, his presence in the room impressive.

The guards flanking both sides of the King's throne nodded to him as fellow knights.

Sir Rinald's armour was dark, almost black, his massive red cloak enough material to carpet a small room.
It fell around him heavily, the red velvet settling in bright lines.

Prince Gabriel slightly bowed to his Father.
"Yes Father. I will return before sundown."

King Jinathik nodded, looking at the giant knight.

"Sir Rinald. I trust you to guard my son, your prince, with your life."

Sir Rinald nodded.
"I will guard him with my life."

His voice was soft, but deep.

He stood, gesturing to Gabriel.
"My Prince."

Gabriel bowed to his Father, before turning, leaving the room as his guard followed.

As they left the palace, Sir Rinald followed right behind him closely.

The prince looked up at him, before looking back down.

Ever since Rinald had become his personal guard 5 years ago, their friendship had become...odd.

Very much a guard and guard-ee.

They walked the short distance to the market, the new stalls fascinating.

Gabriel happily bounced from stall to stall, speaking to the stall owners.

He was well loved as a person, although his father had never had the best reputation.

Gabriel walked up to a wood carving stall, happily starting to open his mouth to speak.

The man standing behind the stall frowned.
"Why don't you two pompous fucks go back to the palace where you belong?"

Gabriel's face fell.
"O-oh. I'm sorry you feel that way. Is there any way I can help-"