02 - 🂢

╔════════════╗
Word Count ๛ 3,444
╚════════════╝

🂢

-ˋˏ┏━° ⌜ 第2章 ⌟ °━┓ˎˊ

❝𝒀𝒐𝒖
𝒌𝒊𝒅𝒏𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓, 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕
𝒚𝒐𝒖?

-ˋˏ┗━°⌜サーカス⌟°━┛ˎˊ

"Okay, so just go over there and do exactly what you did earlier that made my life flash before my eyes.”

Nanami nodded subtly as she followed her new acquaintance’s intense gaze that locked on something in the distance. Several yards away was a train, unmoving, one of the train cars being open on each side to expose a little group of young men conversing amongst themselves. A few were playing with objects she couldn’t quite see from where she and Jisung were hidden, but assumed they were playing cards from the way they maneuvered their wrists.

“What about Kabocha?” Nanami whispered over to the boy, briefly removing her gaze from the other men to look at the one beside her.

“The what?” Jisung distractedly questioned as he continued to subtly peek through the bushes he and Nanami crouched behind.

Kabocha.”

Jisung’s brows shot together in frustrated confusion as he tore his gaze away from his members to give the Japanese girl a once-over with observant eyes. “Do you have a pumpkin with you?” He questioned in a bewildered manner, momentarily questioning whether or not he understood the Japanese word correctly. He was nearly fluent in Japanese, but not entirely flawless.

Nanami sighed and shook her head as he returned his eyes to his members. “She’s a person,” she informed him, about to elaborate but was interrupted.

Jisung paused in utter confusion at her words as he felt the prodding of something soft against his arm and spoke again. “Who the– Oh, you mean the cat toy,” he concluded when he glanced back and saw Nanami standing directly behind him, the animal stuffie bumping his bicep. “Just give it to me,” he instructed, reaching his hands out.

Her,” Nanami corrected as she hugged the toy tighter against her chest away from Jisung, expecting the boy to correct himself before handling her most precious, and only, possession. “And she doesn’t like to be called a toy–”

“Okay, alright, just give me Kabocha the ‘female non-toy person tiger’ and go do your freaky stuff,” Jisung rushed out, not caring in the slightest about a random girl’s stuffed toy’s imaginary feelings.

“Why are we doing this again?” Nanami wondered aloud, failing to stifle a giggle as she got in her backbend position, watching as Jisung securely held Kabocha to his stomach with one arm. She never thought she’d see a handsome and well-built young man with an attitude problem agree to protect her tiger stuffie, but it was quite a sight, especially from her upside down angle.

Jisung refrained from rolling his eyes with impatience at the disturbingly happy young girl who couldn’t stop talking. “Because my friends said it was a bad idea to kidnap someone and banished me to the woods, so this is revenge for doubting me since my plan was successful,” he rattled off quickly as he directed his doe eyes to the girl. “Now go. And really crank up the creepy.”

Nanami hummed as she began walking in her backbend, getting used to the feeling of doing so up the slope’s slight incline. “Technically, you didn’t kidnap me since I agreed to come with you. Also, if they’re the ones that sent you into the woods, where you found me, wouldn’t that mean it was their doing that you found me–”