05 - 🂥

Little reminder
Kabocha is Nanami’s stuffed tiger plush.
Hachiya is what she named Minho’s live pet tiger.

____________________________________

╔═════════════╗
Word Count3,981
╚═════════════╝

🂥

ˋˏ┏━ ° ⌜ 第5章 ⌟ ° ━┓ˎˊ

❝𝑾𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒍𝒚 𝒗𝒂𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒅
𝒊𝒏 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘𝒔, 𝒋𝒖𝒅𝒈𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅
𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒋𝒖𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕.❞

ˋˏ┗━°⌜サーカス⌟°━┛ˎˊ

Minho barely slept that night.

On the one hand, he wondered if he was being overly paranoid that he felt the need to keep one eye open on a young girl who seemed to find horribly concerning things– things that normal girls would find concerning– to be either fascinating or humorous. On the other hand, perhaps her seemingly harmless aura and demeanor were to make up a purposeful charade in order to accomplish something injurious.

The man’s mind only began to put the paranoia to rest in the early hours of the morning when he gazed over to find the stuffed tiger plush still firmly encased between the caged feline’s paws. His eyes then naturally drifted over to the curled up figure of Nanami in the fresh clothes Felix provided, blankets a chaotic swirl of cotton and linen surrounding her slumber as she snored.

Yeah, it’s fine, Minho thought to himself before he had allowed himself to relax and get some sleep, though it was minimal.

On top of it taking a while for him to become less suspicious of the newcomer, there was still the issue of the sensitive stab wound in his stomach. He hated to admit it that he was still in some discomfort despite the fact the wound would entirely heal on its own and he didn’t experience pain. No matter how tough he proved to be, it was as if the other members could see right through him in certain aspects such as these. If they had believed he were entirely fine, the strange young woman sleeping off a few feet to his side wouldn’t be here… Although Minho couldn’t deny the convenience and the somewhat coincidental appearance of the oddly talented girl right when they needed someone abnormal to be of assistance.

Minho wasn’t sure if he should simply write it off as some sort of destiny, despite feeling a bit skeptical of the whole concept, or if he should still keep some defenses up.

It was barely ten or so minutes prior to sunrise that the leader of the freakshow had decided his mind wouldn’t allow him to sleep any longer, and he rose to his feet to gently stretch his muscles. He was already a rather agile and quiet person in the way he moved, proving to be of good use when sneaking up on people, though he still remained aware of any noise he made as he stepped around the still-slumbering girl. His movements only halted upon something catching his attention from his peripheral vision; off to his right was the muddied white nightgown in which Nanami had arrived, crumpled up in a ball not far from her messy bedhead.

Without giving it much thought, the man kneeled over carefully to swipe up the article of clothing before swiftly leaving the train car, sending a brief glance towards the caged tiger that simply observed him as he did so.

Nanami didn’t categorize herself as being too self-righteous to fake sleep in the probability of gaining insight to any kind of situation. She had awoken maybe ten or fifteen minutes before the man off to her left, though her eyelids seemed to instinctively snap back shut as he stirred and arose from his rest. All that she had gained in terms of fresh knowledge, however, was that the man she now knew as Minho was eerily silent in the way he moved, a certain elegance to his aura despite his appearance that suggested he was anything but.