2: The Work Begins

The Cerberus ship docked in the Lazarus base in an unknown corner of the galaxy.

As they docked, Bishop looked down at the cryo pod that contained Shepards remains.

Liarahad managed to obtain Shepard's body.

He didn't know what they could possibly do to fix this kind of damage but Miranda seemed confident that they'd be able to bring Shepard back from the dead.

As the ship docked a group of scientists entered the ship where they transported Shepards remains to the lab.

Miranda walked up next to Bishop.

Miranda: And now our work begins.

Miranda stepped off the ship and followed the scientists towards the lab.

Bishop watched as she left and followed close behind her.

_______________________________

Bishop stood at a window with Miranda and Liara. They looked down as several scientists worked on Shepard's body. The damage was far worse than they had expected. Liara looked down towards Shepard with a saddened look.

Miranda placed a hand onto Liara's shoulder.

Miranda: You did well Liara. We were right to put our faith in you. Shepard obviously made some very good friends.

Miranda looked down towards the scientists as they continued to work.

Miranda: We may not be able to restore Shepards after all. The body is in worse shape than we expected. There were some preservation systems in the pod, but they were hardly optimal.

Liara stepped away at the revelation causing both Miranda and Bishop to look at her as she stepped away from the window.

Liara: Then I don't see the point Miranda. Maybe I don't know what human traditions are, but I really think you should let the dead rest. This isn't what I brought Shepard back for. This is almost like...like...

Miranda: like something the Collectors would've done?

Miranda completed for the Asari before continuing.

Miranda: We don't know what they would have done Liara. Though the information you brought back may suggest something. And it might not be as bad as you think.

Miranda turned back towards the glass looking down at the remains of Shepard.

Miranda: The boss is more hopeful about Shepard's prospects. We're willing to spend everything we've got but it will still take a very long time if it works at all. I wouldn't sit around waiting here.

Liara walked closer towards Miranda.

Liara: What will your boss... The Illusive man do about Feron?

Liara had returned to them with the body of Shepard however Feron wasn't with her. Apparently he was captured and was now a prisoner for the Shadow Broker.

Miranda: The Drell knew the risks when he offered to help. We won't be going after him. If you want to, that's your business.

Miranda answered coldly.

Miranda: But I'd focus on something else if I were you. Do something you want to do.

Liara took a step back and spoke to Miranda one final time.

Liara: That's exactly what I'm going to do Miranda. I've got another friend to help now. And I've made a new enemy.

Liara turned around and made a move to walk back to her ship when she was suddenly stopped by the voice of Bishop.