Chapter 5

⚠️TW: ABUSE⚠️
(SIDE NOTE: I am in no way making fun of people who are being abused this is all fictional for the sake of the book)

Kiora

It is pouring rain outside. I just stare at the rain debating what to do. There's nothing you can do. A voice sang in my head. I guess I'm walking home. I put the hood of my jacket up and started walking home.

Half way through walking home someone drove by and splashed water all over me. If I get sick I'm gonna kill myself.

I go into a gas station to use the restroom so I can warm up because I'm shivering, but when I go towards the restroom I run into someone "I'm so sorry", I say without⁰ looking at who it is "Kiora?" I look up at that, my name. That voice. I look up to see Ahmed.

"I'm so sorry Ahmed I wasn't watching where I was going", I quickly said. He looks at me and my now soaked outfit. "Why are you wet?" I just shake my head "That doesn't matter, anyways I'll see you tomorrow I have to use the restroom", he nods and shifts his body sideways so I can get through.

I mutter a quick thank you and walk into the bathroom to see how bad my clothes actually were. They're pretty bad. I use a paper towel to soak up some of the water and I ring my shirt and jacket out the best I can before someone starts pounding on the door yelling at me to hurry up.

I walk out of the bathroom and the person who was banging on the door shoves me out of the way before going in. They must have to take a shit or something because god damn why are you so pissed off or something. When I walk out of the gas station I start my walk again and see Ahmed pumping gas into his car.

He turns his head and looks at me walking away. Realization dawning across his face of why I'm wet.

~~~~~A little later

Sadly I'm in front of my door getting ready to go inside knowing my stepdad is going to be across the door ready to yell for whatever reason. I take a deep breath in and release it before bracing myself and I walk inside.

Like I guessed he was right on the other side "where have you been?" Michael, my stepdad , asked. "I had to walk home from school," I answer

Michael takes a step towards me "Young lady are you talking back to me right now", I shake my head no.

"See that's the part where I think you were lying." I debate saying something but I figure  whatever he's going to do is going to be worse if I talk.

He picks up his beer bottle, the glass kind and finishes it off. He then throws it at the wall beside me. I flinch and let out a little scream of terror.

Michael's eyes widen in excitement "Glass? You're scared of glass?", he asked in a serious tone. this time my eyes widened in surprise. I shake my head no, trying to lie my way out of it. I have work I should probably be going to. What time is it? I look over at our stove at 4:48. I have to be at work at 6.

Michael takes another step towards me and bends down to pick up a piece of glass. He then rises up and walks until he's right in front of me and puts the glass in front of my eyes.

Michael grabs my chin roughly and moves it so he has a perfect view of my cheek. "Let's see if you were lying. Let's see if someone is afraid of a little piece of glass or not", I bite my lip at the comment trying not to make a reaction.

He carefully brings the glass to my face and slides it across my cheek. I close my eyes, shut my lip still in my mouth. Don't make a sound if you give him a reaction he's going to do it again and again.

Michael chuckles, then pushes me to the ground where I fall into a bunch of glass. That's going to sting in the shower. Suddenly I feel a foot push into my stomach. That made me release my lower lip and let out a whimper in pain. He does it again and again with his foot until I'm sure he punctured my lungs. Eventually Michael gets bored and walks away muttering how useless I am.

I breathe a few times before pushing myself up. After struggling to get up I finally got up. Breathing hard, I walk upstairs to get ready for work and not bother to look at my face. This is the 5th time I've tried to take this damn shirt off. I eventually got the shirt off and put on my black shirt with the restaurant brand name, which was a little small and tight, but I made it work. The pants were a skirt with black tights or leggings, I got tights because it's cheaper. Then just black shoes.

I go into the bathroom before heading out and look at the cut. I bit my bottom lip again just looking at it. I put water over it and cleaned it and carefully checked downstairs to see if Michael or my mom were in a distance, luckily they weren't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is what her work uniform or work wear is ↓

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This is what her work uniform or work wear is ↓

Imagine there's a logo on their for a restaurant.^^^

^^^