Chapter 12

Ahmed,

My science partner wasn’t at school yesterday. That doesn’t matter, but I just keep thinking about how her face looked when she got that call, how she left in such a hurry. Her face was scared, but I spotted a bit of relief. It was… Weird.

Now I’m currently in the science class she is in here, just like she was in my art class. Her bottom lip is between her teeth and her eyebrows are furrowed, she's focused. I’m just looking at her work, I have no clue what she wants me to do with it, I’ve never been in love. She suddenly looks up, looking confused. “How do people fall in love?” she asks me. “What do you mean,” respond. “Like how does one fall in love, what makes them love someone, how do they love someone?” I think about what she just said. “No clue.” She huffs. “Have you ever been in love?” I ask for some odd reason, I would never ask that to anyone else.

She shakes her head, “I’ve loved people, but I haven’t been in love, you know?”. She asks back. I nod my head understanding. I get my phone out and do a quick search. How do people fall in love with someone? It showed me some scientific research I showed Kiora. “Noradrenaline, adrenaline, and dopamine.” She read aloud. She makes a confused face, along with a dirty look. “I do not pay enough attention in class enough for this,” she says. I narrowed my eyes “You're in senior science? What grade are you even in?”

“Yeah, but I'm only here because…” she stops trying to come up with a reason that probably doesn't sound nerdy. “I'm a sophomore,” she finally says, answering my other question.

She's a sophomore, she's so young. So she's either 15 turning 16 or is 16 currently. I guessed right when I said 16. She does not look 16. Might be 17 though. She's like a little girl. I'm a whole adult and she's…and I'm 19. Damn.

“Wait since I'm doing all the other work”, she gives me a pointed look before continuing “Can you look up the factors and explanation for the gibberish your phone said?” I nod and do what she says. I show her my phone every once in a while. After awhile I just put my phone in front of her, I got tired of holding it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's now the end of class and she's packing up, she got a lot of stuff done, I think, I wouldn't know I didn't do anything.

I pack up as well and I'm going to have to go see Damien talking about his girl, who's not even his girl I really don't want to go to class. 

I'm skipping.

I'm walking outside so I can get a breath of fresh air, It wasn't going to happen, I got a human leech who wouldn't get the fuck away from me. Carly the leech, that's what we call her at our lunch table. "Hey baby", she says, holding onto my arm. I move my arm to get her away, she doesn't, it's like she's stuck there. "Can you go away" I grumble. She heard me, but acted like she didn't.

"Do you wanna go to my place after school?" She purred. It was not attractive. "No," I tell her, still trying to get away. "Come on baby, I miss you," I don't answer because I can't make a girl cry. I don't miss her and I only used her. She knew this when we were sleeping together.

I keep my face neutral as I take her hand a shove it back to her and start walking again, faster then she can move her legs in heals. Luckily for me, she takes them off and runs to keep up. Why can't she just leave me the fuck alone. "Can you slow down," She asks out of breath. "No." She lets out a whine. It sounds like a dog yelp.

I walk inside the building making sure I close the door so she's locked outside. I almost laugh at that, but I still, keep my face neutral, not letting anyone that walks by see any emotion.

It's 6th period, I didn't even get a breath of fresh air because of my human leech. I walk in, sitting in my seat. The people in my 6th period are ok. I mean half of the girls in here I use to want to sleep with, not anymore. I don't want leeches, they're all crazy, not sleeping with anyone else from this school.

Maybe besides one.

~~~~~~~~~

I sleep the whole class. Now I have to got to 7th and deal with Damien yell at me for not being at school, then he'll probably talk to Kiora, and then I'll have to, as if having her for two other classes wasnt enough.  I walk in and I see 6 other people in the room Kiora is one of them and someone is talking to her.