Chapter 49

(Yay early chapter

(Yay early chapter. Tell me what you guys think!)

It's been a couple of days since the whole ordeal from the other day. I didn't go to school. I didn't want to, not after what happened and what was said. I did take Daniels's advice to leave everyone alone because maybe it was best. Not only for everyone but even for myself.

I sat on the couch eating the lunch my mom had made. Watching the TV, I also listened to the phone that rang a couple of times a day. I knew it had to be either Bobby, Daniel, or Ali. I'm pretty sure some have even stopped by, but I didn't bother. My mom and dad have been very comforting throughout the whole situation. Their really helpful and honestly make me feel better. Mom has been giving me occasional cuddles while Dad has tried to crack many jokes that ultimately failed. Although I didn't seem bothered on the outside, on the inside I laughed and felt a sense of joy.

"Dear, why don't we have a girl's day at home?" Mom recommended.

I looked over at her seeing a smile spread across her face, "that sounds nice." I returned the gesture.

Mom nodded before disappearing into her room. It didn't last long before she walked out with face masks and all of that sort.

"This is going to be so much fun." She smiled, sitting down on the couch.

"I didn't even know you had this stuff!" I picked around at the things she had brought from her room.

Dad cleared his throat, "I'm still here too guys." He joked.

"Oh right," Mom turned around to the kitchen, "Why don't you make some lemonade, cut some cucumbers, and bring cheese a crackers too!"

"Okay, I didn't mean I'm here for things like that." He laughed before getting to work.

A faltered smile appeared on my lips.

"Alright cheer up, let's start with nails." Mom grabbed a baby blue polish, "This color compliments your dark brown hair!" She placed the polish beside my face getting a good look.

It didn't take her long before she opened the bottle and started to apply it to my fingernails. To be honest, it was soothing and an overall good time to spend with my mom. I'm grateful my parents take into consideration of my feelings. It makes me feel understood and listened to.

"Okay my lovely ladies, the lemonade is ready. Although the snacks need some more time." Dad placed down a pitcher of lemonade and two glasses.

"Mom?"

She hummed in response as she was too busy focusing on painting my fingernails.

"How did you know that dad was the one?" I questioned.

She smiled to herself, "I don't know really. I think it was because of how kind he treated me and how he made me laugh."

"Why do you ask? Is it because of Bobby?" Dad asked from the kitchen.