The Next Step

We we're now both eighteen and looking to graduate. Ofcource we we're excited but also sad. We sat down at our favourite place, Big Banana, and spoke. We spoke about things we had done and things we wished we could change. We sat down and tried to remember everything we did together.

" Remember the day I sat in this very chair and told you I loved you?"

It has been four years but I remembered it like it happened a few hours ago. I smiled and told him he was silly but he gave me the same look he did the very day he told me he loved me. I was speechless for about 25 seconds. And then the weirdest thing happened.

HE KISSED ME!

I have never been kissed before especially not by him. It was a new feeling. Weird but new. I had no idea of the next step I was going to make. The kissed lasted for about 3 minutes, it was long and unforgetful. The very first thing I did after the kiss was look away. I couldn't look into his eyes for I saw a whole new Joshua all together. He had the same hair, eyes, smile and lips but I saw them all different now. I suddenly stopped loving him as a brother and now as something else. Something I could not describe simply because I never had this feeling before.

We had another awkward Lila and Joshua moment but this one wasn't normal. It was even more awkward. What was I suppose to say now? What was I suppose to do? I was sure he was thinking the same thing. In that moment, words didn't matter anymore and I figured I understood the true meaning of love.

" I love you"

I said this is a soft but unsure voice. He then pulled out this ring and asked me to be his girlfriend. I said yes. I never said yes to no one. Why was he different? I never really understood it but I went with the flow.

That afternoon he walked me home, holding my hand. We had no conversation. The only time we spoke was when we said bye to each other. I had no idea how one title could change everything we we're about.