Betrayal

So here we we're, not on speaking terms but it was no surprise he sent me a note in class. We weren't in grade school but it was still cute.

The note read:
" Bae I'm sorry, I didnt mean to blow you off Saturday but my mother is sick and haven't came out of the hospital yet, I didn't tell you because I didnt know how to handle it. The doctor said she had only a few months more to live. I got you a lollipop not because I didn't value our love but simply because I forgot. With everything that was going through my mind I guess I forgot and I'm truly sorry. I needed a few days to myself and if I hurt you just know I never meant to."

As I read the note tears filled my eyes as I thought about how selfish I might have been. If only he told me I would have been a bit more considerate. I had no excuse for my behavior so all I could have done was hug him. I gave him such a hug he started to cry. I have seem him cry many times before but he never cried with so much pain. I felt so worried for him.

That afternoon I decided to surprise him. I figured that I could have gone over to his house and pay him a visit. We haven't had a proper conversation since the lollipop incident. It was around 4:30, I was packing my bag pack with things he loved, I packed three movies and I made his favourite sand which. I was excited to go over, he had no idea I was coming and I was really looking forward to having a lovely night with him.

As I got to his house, I softly opened the front door, he would have obviously been in the living room watching television. This was his favourite chill spot when he was stressed. As I walked in, he was in his living room as I suspected but he was there with his mother. At first my face lit up with joy that she came out of the hospital. I was disappointed Joshua didn't tell me but it didn't really bother me that much.

" Hey mom I'm so glad to see you came out of the hospital, you had me worried for you!"

Have someone ever given you this "I don't know what the fuck your talking about face?" Well that was exactly the face she gave me. I was confused, I didn't know what to think. I was wondering if Joshua lied to me or if she just was forgetting things. "Ummmm what are talking about baby girl, I was never in the hospital."

I looked over to Joshua just to see what his next words we're. He then gave me this blank look. He had no expressions. He didn't even look directly at me. He did this thing with his eyes where he looked as if he had sun in them. All the time he tells me I am like the sun and now I understand what it means. I was highly annoyed. I went to sit next to him. He just got up. He was mad and I couldn't tell you why. If someone should be upset it was me.

I packed my bag and went home. I guess it was rude for me to just get up and leave without saying anything but it was rude for him to lie to me. Why did he have to lie? It made no sense and I couldn't put the it together.