The fall

I was placed in 901. There we're two classrooms and I walked in like I was that quiet girl that everyone wanted to be friends with. I walked in slowly, with my hair in a bun, my shoes well polished and uniform well ironed. Ofcource I was new and everyone was dressed as if they had all just swam in a pool of mud, no one really cared I was all dressed up. In fact no one even noticed I was new. Mrs. Francis was our homeroom teacher, she looked quite young to me, maybe in her mid thirties. She was a tall woman with a green high heel and a pink dress. In my opinion the colours didn't match but I guess this is how people in Antigua dressed. She had a stern face and I had seen her a few times in the halls before I came to class. As she walked in everyone in the class stood up and said good morning. I sat down because this was very new to me.

She placed her hands behind her back and started to walk around the classroom with her glasses to the tip of her nose. She slowly approached me and asked me to give my name.
As I sat down and said in a quiet voice "my name is Lila Marsh"
She looked at me and grin and I returned the look. She then introduced me again and told the class about me leaving my country and stating a new school. She asked the students to be nice to me but by the feedback I figured that it would not be so easy. They started to laugh. For what? I don't know. But I found nothing amusing for I was already struggling with making friends.

The third bell rang, this meant lunch. I went down to the lunch room and like every school, there we're always groups, the geeks, the populars, the science club, the weirdos and the rest. Where to sit? There we're no empty tables available. I looked to my right and I saw Joshua Scott looking at me. He did this cute thing where he looked off and pretending he wasn't watching me. We had that weird, awkward teenage moment. He gave me this flirty eye and a blush so I went over and sat down.

He introduced himself and I just couldn't stop smiling. In was scared to talk at first but after he ask for us to go for pizza that afternoon I felt a bit more confident. We spoke for what I thought was 3 hours but in reality we only spoke for the better part of 30 minutes.

Our break was over and class started again. It was during history period when he switched seats with the girl who was sitting beside me and he offered to share his text book with me. I was flattered but I tried to act cool.