Panic

Jinx was sitting in her room, rocking out as she worked on a new device when Vi walked. This was the first time she'd been in there and saw the Mylo and Claggor dolls. Her heart instantly broke as it reminded her of what happened.

She walked up to Jinx and tapped her shoulder. Jinx jumped a bit and looked over her shoulder. "Oh, hey, Vi." She pulled her goggles up and rested them on her forehead. "Hey. Um...can I ask why you have those?" Vi gestured to the dolls. 

"I made them because to me, they're not gone."

"What do you mean?"

"Sometimes...I hear them whispering things to me, especially Mylo." Vi didn't know what to say to that. It explained those moments where she was talking to nobody, but it was heartbreaking and a bit disturbing. Before Vi could respond, Mylo appeared next to Jinx and whispered, "She thinks you're insane. She'll leave you again."

"Shut up!" Jinx snapped, swinging at Mylo. He disappeared and reappeared on her other side. "You know it's true," he whispered. "It's not true!"

"Sis?" Mylo disappeared as Jinx looked at Vi. "Sorry, Mylo was talking."

"What did he say?"

"Just a load of bullshit. Alexander tells me to try and ignore him, though it's hard sometimes." Vi put a hand on her shoulder and said, "I'm sorry you have to deal with that, but...you know he's not real, right?" Anger spiked in her as she shot up from her chair. "I know he's not fucking real! I'm insane, not stupid!"

"You're not-"

"Don't start with that bullshit!" Mylo appeared beside her and whispered, "You're too broken for her. She's going to leave."

"NO!" Jinx swung at Mylo and accidentally hit Vi across the face. Vi and Jinx stared at each other in shock as Vi lightly touched her reddening cheek. "I-I'm sorry."

"It's okay. It's okay." Vi reached for her, and for a brief second, Vi was a monster that roared at her. Jinx let out a gasp and held her arms up, shielding her face. "Sis, what's wrong?" Vi asked. She didn't hear or see Vi because instead of Vi, the monster appeared in her place. It looked like it was made of shadows with white eyes and teeth. 

It roared at her, and Jinx dropped to her knees, leaned over and covered the back of her head with her hands. Her heart was pounding, and she was hyperventilating. She heard Mylo's laugh echoing around her as Vi dropped beside her. "Sis! Sis! Please, talk to me! What's wrong?!"

Suddenly, Alexander and Ekko burst open the door and rushed toward them. "What happened?" Ekko asked. "I don't know. She got angry at me, then she curled up," Vi explained. Alexander kneeled beside Jinx and placed a glowing blue hand on her back. He began rubbing her back in circular motions, sending calming energy to Jinx as he whispered, "It's okay, Jinx. You're safe; I promise."

A comforting and familiar warmth washed over Jinx as Mylo's voice faded away. Her heart and breathing slowed as she heard Alexander whisper, "It's okay. You're not alone. We're all here for you." Alexander sensed that she was calm now as his hand stopped glowing. Jinx sat up and looked at the three of them. "Are you okay?" Ekko asked. "Now I am," Jinx replied. "What happened?" Alexander asked. 

"I got angry with Vi, and I guess I just spiraled."

"Why did you get angry?"

"Vi asked me a very stupid question that I found insulting."

"I'm sorry, Sis. I didn't mean to upset you. I was just...trying to process the whole seeing-Mylo-thing."

"I know, and I'm sorry, too," Jinx replied. "Are you sure you're okay?" Ekko asked. "Yeah, I'm okay," she replied. Vi and Alexander stood up as he helped her up. Suddenly, Alexander's eyes glowed blue as a severe pain shot through his head. His eyes closed as he collapsed, and the group instantly rushed to his side. "Alexander! Alexander!" Ekko cried, shaking him, but he got no response. "Shit!" Vi exclaimed. "We need to get him to the healing wing!" Jinx exclaimed.

They helped each other carry Alexander to the healing wing, but it turned out he was physically fine. "If he was fine, then why did he collapse?" Ekko asked. "Maybe, it's an Arcane thing?" Vi suggested. "No, this never happened before," Jinx pointed out. "Well, obviously something happened, but we should keep him here in case something else happens," Ekko replied. 

Jinx and Vi nodded in agreement. Hopefully, he'll be okay.