Chapter 5

Rain is so close to banging his own head. What was he thinking? Making Phayu fall in love with me? In a month! Yesterday him was crazy. There's no other explanation. Sky will kill him, and the editors too. He doesn't have the time to chase handsome and insanely attractive guys with two jobs. He's supposed to be writing special chapters for Kindred Spirits. Or to plan the sequel book. He doesn't know what to do.

"Rain, what is problem with you?"

He lifts his head from the table, and sees that both Sky and Ple are in front of him.

"Sky, Ple? When did you two arrive?"

"Just now. Rain, are you okay?"

'Great, just great. They are both worried for me now.' Rain looks at them. "Do either of you have any idea how to date a guy in thirty days?"

"A guy? Who?" Ple asks him.

"No one." Rain replies.

"Are you sure it's no one?"

How does Sky read him so easily?

"Rain, let me be honest. If it was no one, you wouldn't ask how to date them. So who is it?" Ple looks at him.

He is silent. Debating whether or not to tell them. Maybe it can be easier if he does.

"It's P'Phayu." Rain admits.

His friends look in between themselves. He wonders if it's the surprise or are they trying to give him some advice.

"My cousin?" Ple looks at him in wonder. Rain nods, there's no going back, he already confirmed.

"Oh, Rain. I thought you hated anything that had anything to do with the storm. Whether it's the weather or the person." Sky teases. "Why thirty days, though?"

Even Ple looks curious about that. He knows it sounds a bit strange, but he doesn't want to tell them about the race, the fight, the challenge. Or anything about how it came to be, not really.

"I like him, but I'm leaving on a book tour in thirty days. I'll be in Korea. And what if he starts dating someone else?"

They both pull him in a hug. It's not often that Sky does, unlike Ple, but it feels very warm either way. He's a lucky guy when his friends care so much.

"I'm sure he won't date anyone else. Do you have any idea what you could do?"

"You'll help me?"

"We will. What are friends for?"

"Thank you, both."

That's when they start devising a plan how he can make Phayu notice him.

"You could show up in front of him every day." Sky suggests.

"No, that wouldn't work. P'Phayu works in an architecture firm. He's not always in the garage where he took you, Rain. But I could find out when he would be there, so you can surprise him." Ple says after thinking a bit. "I could even ask P'Som and P'Saifah about their opinion."

"Thank you, Ple. It would really help if you could help."

"Of course, Rain." she smiles. Rain smiles back.

Once the plan is secured, Ple says bye to them since she has to go to work, and Sky and he stay alone.

"Rain, are you sure?"

"Sure about what, Sky?"

"Sure about dating P'Phayu?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

'I gotta prove to him that I can.' Rain reminds himself. But the fact that he actually likes Phayu is not a lie. Because he really does.

"Okay. I believe you. Just..." Sky pauses. "Just don't get your heart broken because you have to leave your lover behind."