Chapter 10: The Castle Town Accords

Kirby left his guest chambers within Hyrule Castle. Outside of his room on the red-colored carpet, he saw Samus wearing a red dress with golden designs on it; the dress was similar to the one she wore the day before, during the parade, but it shared identical designs and patterns to Warden Dedede's garbs. She was officially the Heir of Dreamland, so Kirby could see she wasted no time in dressing like the Dream's Kings of Old. The Lady of Dreamland stared directly into the room in front of her; the official conference of the Castle Town Accords were scheduled to take place in mere hours. She looked down nervously as Kirby stood next to her.

"My Lady," Kirby greeted, looking into the room along with her. She moved the hair that had fallen in her face to her left and smiled at the little Lord. Kirby continued, "You seem anxious."

"Can you blame me?" Samus responded, "We discuss who I will marry today... Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine this is where I'd be, the day Ganon made us bend the knee and swear oaths of loyalty... You know, I wouldn't mind somebody like Link. He's strong, yet he seems like he could be so gentle at the same time."

"Well, he's..." Kirby stopped himself, before clearing his throat, "Never mind."

Curiously, Samus asked, "Who will I be marrying from the High King's side?"

"I'm not sure who Princess Zelda will recommend, to tell you the truth," Kirby replied, "It's definitely not Mario, I can tell you that. When he takes over Ganon's place in Smashville, he'll marry Peach. I'm sure the ceremony will be a big one."

"Figures," Samus nodded, "Speaking of Smashville, have you heard from Rosalina lately? I wonder how she's holding up these days..."

"I've written a few letters," Kirby answered, "She's doing well... I never pry for details of her and Ganon's relationship. Out of sight, out of mind."

"I hope I can persuade the High King to take mercy on her, you know," Samus said with a sigh, her tone almost sad, "She's the sweetest person I've ever met, and we all had to do what we did in the name of survival during The Ascension in the capital."

"Her sweet soul has yet to be tainted by her loathsome husband," Kirby added. He looked away from the room and saw one of the servants of the castle approaching him quickly.

When the servant reached Kirby, he said, "My Lord, Warden Dedede requests that you follow me. He wishes for your input on a rather important matter."

"As the Warden wishes," Kirby obeyed. He turned back to Samus and said, "I'll see you later today, My Lady."

Samus nodded, bidding goodbye, still staring at the room ahead of her. As Kirby walked down the hallway, he heard voices getting louder with each of his steps. Eventually, Kirby could make a complete, slightly light-hearted, argument. When the servant opened a nearby glass door, Kirby saw High King Mario, Warden Dedede, Peach, Sonic and Luigi in the room all standing around a wooden table with some chairs tucked into it. The walls were bare, so the room was rather boring and lifeless if not for the animated argument inside. However, when Kirby entered the room, all the shouting stopped.

"This wasn't supposed to happen until after lunch," Kirby commented, rather annoyed. With a sigh, Kirby trotted towards the table and jumped onto a chair, "What in Hylia's name is going on?"

"Lord Kirby, please help us," Peach said, nearly begging, "We have planned for Luigi, the Hand of High King Mario, to be married to Samus, the Lady and Heir of Dreamland. However, Luigi is not cooperating—"

"Perhaps I'm being difficult because I do not want to get married!" Luigi snapped.

The High King let out a heavy sigh and said, "If you had not left the front, you would have been told in person, bro. This is not a matter of negotiation."