|Chapter 12|

"I can't believe you actually made me a collage." Steven chuckled, turning to me. I laughed, "Of course I would!"

We were all gathered in Laurel's living room, lounging around and catching up on old times. It had been a while since we had all hung out together. The room was filled with laughter, stories, and the occasional argument, as if the antics of last nights bonfire never happened.

Suddenly, Steven turned to Laurel and groaned, "Oh yeah, do we seriously have to actually sit, like physically for our portraits?" He complained to Laurel.

"Yes, your mother wants to capture their essence while you are still young and full of hope," Laurel said dramatically before adding, "Beck's words, not mine."

We all laughed at Laurel's dramatics, but Steven was not amused. He grumbled and pouted, but eventually gave in to his mother's request.

Conrad, still a little(an understatment) hungover from the night before, was lying on the couch. "Are you guys done yet?" he said in a drowsy, annoyed, slightly croaky voice from the lounge.

"Yep! my cure-all hangover smoothie is on it's way!" Jeremiah announced with a grin. We all looked at each other and rolled our eyes, but secretly we all knew that Jeremiah's smoothies were actually pretty good, and undoubtedly solved all hangovers and headaches.

I watched as Steven peered over Jeremiah's shoulder, resulting in getting kicked out of the kitchen. "Dumb move Steven." I giggled, taking a bite of a slightly stale muffin.

Jeremiah walked over to the lounge room, and just when I didn't expect it, he gave me a small peck on the cheek. "Get a room guys!" Conrad yelled hoarsely from the couch. I rolled my eyes, amused, "Says the one who was literally eating that Red Sox girl's face last night!" 

"Who told you?" Conrad asked

"Hah! Steven!" I said triumphantly. 

Suddenly Belly walked into the room, her bruise from last night a raging purple. While we were all happy to see her, Belly could sometimes be a bit much. Steven, aka my bestie for life, had told me all about her picking fights with a drunk Conrad, which is never a good idea. She had a way of taking over the conversation and making everything about herself.

FLASHBACK TO 7 YEARS AGO

I stared out onto the beach in my new sparkling pink one piece bathing suit. It was brand new and it had been given to me by my aunt that I rarely saw. I spun around, letting Susannah see the whole piece of clothing. "You look gorgeous y/n/n!" she laughed, clapping her hands together. "Thanks Susa-" I started, 

"Look at my new bathing suit! Oo! Can you give me that smokey eye look again? The one that made me look mysterious!" Belly said, cutting in. I saw Susannah shoot me an apologetic glance. "Of course honey," she sighed, half disappointed half genuine. That was one of the times I first realised that having two girls in the house meant competing in small things, as girls do sometimes. It was the first time I realised how much a part of me wanted to strangle Belly. We were young, and Belly probably didn't know what she was doing or saying, but it hurt me.