6

"He's gonna be there, you know

"He's gonna be there, you know." Sam stated as he walked towards Steve, Jessica following shortly behind.

"I know." Steve nodded.

"Look, whoever he used to be and the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save." Sam shrugged, "he's the kind you stop."

"I don't know if I can do that." Steve sighed.

"Steve, I know he used to be your best friend or whatever but he isn't Bucky. He's the Winter Soldier and if he doesn't get stopped soon, something terrible is gonna happen." Jessica stated, "the sooner we do something about this, the sooner you'll have the old Bucky back."

"Besides, he night not give you a choice." Sam added, "he doesn't know you."

"He will." Steve nodded, "Gear up. It's time."

"You gonna wear that?" Sam asked as Steve started to walk away.

"No. If you're gonna fight a war, you got to wear a uniform." Steve called back.

"Oh yeah. Did they teach you that back in 1942?" Jessica chuckled as she followed Steve.

———

"Attention all SHIELD agents, this is Steve Rogers." Steve spoke over the PA at the SHIELD headquarters, "you've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was. It's been taken over by HYDRA. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and insight crew are HYDRA as well. I don't know how many more, but i know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, HYDRA will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high. It always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." Once Steve finished his monologue Sam walked up behind him with a smirk.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?" Sam questioned.

———

"Uh, slight problem, Cap. They're initiating launch." Jessica said as she looked over Maria's shoulder.

"Shit. Sam, Jess! Come with me." Steve said before they ran out the door.

"Hey, Cap. How do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asked as the trio ran towards the helicarriers.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve answered instantly before Sam initiated his wings and flew away as Steve and Jessica ran opposite ways.

"Hey, Cap. I found those bad guys you were talking about." Sam said through his earpiece as Jessica hid behind a big shipping container to avoid getting shot.

"Good job, Sam." Jessica replied sarcastically as she rolled her eyes before standing up and flipping over the shipping container as she shot at the bad guys.

"You okay, guys?" Steve questioned.

"I'm not dead yet." Sam replied.