8

"Cap! Cap, come in

"Cap! Cap, come in. Are you okay?" Sam asked through his earpiece.

"Yeah, I'm here." Steve replied making Sam and Jessica sigh in relief, "I'm still on the helicarrier. Where are you?"

"I'm grounded." Sam answered, "the suits down. Sorry, Cap."

"Don't worry. I got it." Steve nodded.

"Yeah, about that...Bucky's gone." Jessica said through her earpiece.

"I'll find him." Steve replied, "Jessica, go find Sam. I've got this."

———

Once Sam took off his suit, Sam and Jessica hid inside Grants office waiting for him to enter.

Once the door opened and they spotted Grant, Sam jumped out and attacked him as Jessica started to log in to computers to see if she could find any other information about Bucky that they didn't already know.

Jessica suddenly looked up when Sam got pushed to the ground.

"This is gonna hurt." Grant spoke, "there are no prisoners with HYDRA. Just order. And order only comes through pain. You ready for yours?"

"Man, shut the hell up. It's two against one. You'll never win." Sam shook his head with a smirk as Grant looked at him in confusion, Grant slowly turned around to see Jessica pointing a gun at his head.

"This is gonna be fun." Jessica smiled before kicking Grant in the chest.

———

Sam groaned as Grant threw him onto a glass table, "you're out of your depth, kid."

"Jessica, come on!" Sam yelled grabbing onto Jessica as a helicarrier exploded.

"Son of a bitch!" Grant shouted as he ran after Sam and Jessica to get away as the campus started to collapse.

"Sam, Jessica! Where are you?!" Nat shouted through the earpiece.

"41st floor! Northwest corner!" Sam answered as they continued to run.

"We're on it! Stay where you are!" Nat exclaimed.

"Not an option!" Jessica yelled before they reached the end of the hallway so they had no choice but to jump out the window and lucky enough Nick's helicopter was ready to catch them.

"41st floor! 41st!" Sam shouted as they sat in the helicopter.

"It's not like they put the floor numbers on the outside of the building." Nick yelled from the front.

"Maybe they should!" Jessica stated.

"Hill! Where's Steve? You got a location on Rogers?" Nat asked Maria through her headset.

———

"He awake yet?" Jessica asked as she walked into Steve's hospital room.

"No." Sam answered shaking his head sadly as Jessica sat next to him.

Sam and Jessica both zoned out as they looked at their laps sadly.

"On your left." A familiar voice spoke making them both look up, Jessica sighed in relief as Sam smiled gratefully at his best friend.

———

"So, you've experienced this sort of thing before?" Nick asked as he walked up beside Sam, Steve and Jessica.

"You get used to it." Jessica shrugged.

"We've been data mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight. Wanted to ask if you'd come." Nick offered.

"There's something I got to do first." Steve answered.

"How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." Nick asked.

"I'm more of a solider than a spy." Sam stated, Nick then looked at Jessica.

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm gonna lay low for a bit." Jessica smiled.

"All right, then." Nick nodded before shaking their hands, "anybody asks for me, tell them they can find me, right here." Nick said gesturing to the headstone with him name on it before walking away.

"You should be honoured. That's about as close as he gets to saying thank you." The three turned towards the familiar voice, Nat.

"Not going with him?" Steve asked.

"No." Nat smiled.

"Not staying here." Steve said making Nat shake her head.

"I blew all my covers. I got to go figure out a new out." Nat stated.

"That might take a while." Steve mentioned.

"I'm counting on it." Nat shrugged, "that thing you asked for..." Nat said as she pulled out a file, "I called in a few favours from Kiev." Steve smiled as he took the file, "will you do me a favour? Call that nurse." Nat said with a sly smirk.

"She's not a nurse." Steve replied.

"And you're not a SHIELD agent." Nat shrugged, Steve looked down defeated.

"What was her name again?" Steve questioned.

"Sharon." Nat smiled, "she's nice." Nat smiled slightly before pulling Steve in and giving him a kiss on the cheek before turning to walk away, "be careful, Steve. You might not want to pull on that thread." Steve looked down at the file before opening it to reveal a picture of Bucky. It was Bucky's file.

Sam and Jessica walked over and looked over Steve shoulder.

"You're going after him." Sam stated.

"You don't have to come with me." Steve said not looking up from the file.

"I know." Sam nodded.

"So, when do we start?" Jessica smirked.