~20

Daniel shuffled through the channels and left it on channel TV.

There was an edging for him to watch channels and not tck. Ironic.

"And this is the ten o'clock news Calabar." The man he had seen earlier in uni cal suddenly appeared on the screen.

"Not to waste any time. We head straight to the latest news on Calabar. Two dead bodies were found. One at the University of Calabar and the other at her apartment in... And the catching story is that the second body is to be seen as the boyfriend of the commissioner of police daughter of Calabar. So what we have in mind is the possibility the killer is trying to kill is to ridicule the police and this video says so."

The video of him, Jasmine, and the two girls popped up.

Jesus. He muttered under his breath.

"So from this video, they claim to blame an innocent student for the murder of two individuals and yes, the commissioner's daughter is in full support of it."

Daniel picked up his phone and dialed Jasmine's number. He had gotten it from Ds Felix.

She wasn't picking. Suddenly he began to panic. What if the kamsi had gotten to her?

He dialed again she finally picked up.

"Hello?."

Why was she whispering?

"Jasmine?"

" Daniel?."

"Yeah. Why are you whispering?."

" Are you outside my house?." Her voice sounded a bit tense.

"No. Why?."

"Someone has been banging on my door." He froze.

"Well go check it out." He tried to sound nonchalant and her reply proved it worked.

"What if it's the killer?."

"If it's the killer there is a hundred percent chance he won't harm you."

That was a white lie.

"You are the worst partner ever." She said as she sneaked to the door.

He couldn't help but laugh" That's a lie."

"Can't believe you are still laughing in this situation." She mumbled.

"You're just overreacting."

"Whose there ?." She said.

Silence.

"Whose the person?." He noticed that he was clenching the phone.

"There was no reply."

"Well open it and check."

He heard the door unlock but heard no noise.

"Jasmine?."

No reply.

"Jasmine?" His tone increased.

Suddenly he heard a loud shriek.

"Jasmine what's wrong?." He was already on his feet.

"He.. hello?." Her voice was shaking

"I'm still here. Jasmine what's wrong?."

"Ka..kamsi."

******

Ekomobong was thrilled as Segun connected with her. She tried her best to hide her excitement but something seemed wrong.

The directors were frowning. Was it something she was saying?

"So the police know who is causing such attacks ?."

"Uhm.. Yes." Her mind wasn't in what she was saying again. She could feel her tummy quiver.

"And.. do you know this certain person?."

"Not yet but information is coming to us that the killer is  a person known by -"

"Okay, so that is all about the news in Calabar.. Thank you for having us." Segun cut her short

"Ugh.. thanks for being with u-".
Seun disconnected.

Ekomobong noticed the disparaging frown on the directors.

"Round up " one of them mouthed.

"So this brings us to the end. This is Tck news."

"My office. Now !." Mr Adamu boomed.

Ekomobong felt her throat grow dry as eyes trailed on her as she followed Mr Adamu.

"Close the door behind you." He sat down on his chair as she stood in front of him. His desk separates them both.

"What just happened?." His voice was etched with annoyance.

She frowned. " I don't understand sir."

He rubbed his thumb on his throbbing head. " Why do channels have more viewers than us ?."

Her brows shot up." How is that possible?."

"Well they have a video of the two detectives interviewing the inspector's daughter and now they already have a witness and everything else In the case. Something you are meant to know."

She bowed her head slowly." I'm sorry sir."

"Don't apologize. I want you to try better. You are smart. Use that smartness for this."

Her head shot up. Mr Adamu.

Different from the rest. He was always to himself. A man who reminds her of her late dad.

"Thank you, sir. "

"Thank me when we have the most reviews."

She smiled. " Of course."

As she walked out of the office her mind wandered to the channels guy.

So he means this as a competition.

                                  ******

He smiled as he watched channels TV. Poor Sarima. All treated her badly because of him.

He took out files from his laptop bag. With the Internet, you can get any information about a person.

Kamsi Simon written boldly on one of the files. He had gone through it and decided to do some final reading of the guy.

There was nothing special about him except for the fact that he raped Jasmine.

His fist clenched tightly on the file.

He dare lay his filthy hand on her.

He had planned to surprise Jasmine but he was already becoming bored and he felt like hastening things up.

Well, there are different ways to still surprise her.