22

Jasmine was crouched on the floor beside the body. She had told her neighbors not to come out and had called the police. The forensic guys were also in their way.

As she stared at the body her mind began to swirl. Why did the killer do this and who was this killer?

Kamsi was their main suspect but now that he is... Dead.

Three was a paper beside the body but she was afraid of what she would see and speaking of the devil-

"Are you okay ?"

She glanced at the familiar voice and suddenly she felt her tummy churn. He was dressed in simple black and brown khaki pants.

She couldn't speak cause he had crouched beside her too and she felt the hair on her body rise.

She handed him that paper before rising. Whatever was going out with her all she knew was she needed to keep a distance from him.

She watched his face as he read it. His face gave nothing up.

"Have you read this ?" He said folding it and glancing up at her.

"No."

"Oh" was all he stared at as he tore his gaze from her and left it on the corpse. "There is another corpse back at his apartment. His girlfriend."

She felt the blood in her brain drain slowly. All this killing was because of her.  Who would do a heinous act?

"Detectives". It was Bright the forensic guy. Two other people followed behind him also two policemen.

"There's another body," Jasmine said.

Bright eyes with the others winded. " Wh..where?"  Bright voice croaked.

"Ese."

"Th.. that's near where I say." Bright voice sounded tiny like a whisper.

"We will be putting police around places for night watch," Daniel assured as he stood up and came to stand beside Jasmine.

The body had been carried away when they were all talking.

"I'll go to the next place," Bright said.

"We are right behind you, " Jasmine said. She needed a change of clothes. Urgently.

******

Daniel had rushed to her on knowing that their suspect was killed and was in front of Jasmine's doorstep or that's what he tried to convince himself.

He had rushed here because of her. He was worried for her and he hated it. He hated the thought of her. She was always under his skin and the last thing he needed was a woman feeling his head and he still had Rouna.

Poor Rouna.

He had left her to come here. He had told her that he needed time to get over everything and here he was in another Case. Another woman.

When he had seen her on the floor beside the body he felt his breath shorten. It must have been the fact he rushed. That's what he said to convince himself.

He had also noticed that she wore a baggy black shirt and red checkers shorts. He had also noticed that she had lovely legs but he still noticed the scar. The shorts may have covered a good amount but as a detective, he could still see some marks.

He caught himself wondering what had happened there but that was not the greatest of his concern. The letter was.

My Dear Jasmine... It's me again with a surprise. Kamsi!. I know you're shocked. I mean I also thought he was the killer until well.. until I got bored. Now you're back to square one and you don't have any Suspect. Because of my love for you, I will give you a hint but before I do that I want you to ask your detective partner why he is really in Calabar. It will give a hint to my hint I promise. But I hope poor Kamsi will learn his lesson not to touch you. You are mine alone. P.s there is another dead body back at his apartment. I tried really to let her live.