23

Anita stared at her phone. Stared at the picture of her dead boyfriend.

It didn't make sense. None of it did. How can a peaceful state suddenly become uproar and now the gist is the killer is the detective lover but how did all this have to do with Farouk.

"Are you okay?"

Anita switched off her phone and glanced at Sarima.

"Yeah " she feigned a weak smile.

Sarima joined her on the bed. It was a two bedroom apartment which they were both staying together.

"So you know I have a friend that works with the police.." sarima waited for Anita to nod before continuing. " So I just heard that two people just killed and one of two names is Kamsi."

Anita eyes widened with shock." Can it be the same -"

"I don't know yet but the other person was his girlfriend."

Anita let out a sigh. " What is really going on In this state."

"Have you spoken yet to Farouk Parents?."

They blame me for his death." She started. " They.. say it's..my fault. M..my family is.. the problem and they wished I never...." Her voice trailer as the year chocked her.

"It's okay." Sarina soothed taking Anita in her arms. " It's not your fault."

*******

Commissioner Steve phone began to ring.

"Who will be calling you in the middle of the night." His wife mumbled as he reached for it.

He suddenly sat up abruptly. "I'll be right back" he stood from the bed and as he headed outside his bedroom, he was oblivious to the suspicious look his wife glared at him with.

"What do you want ?." He spat.

"Guy relax. " The familiar voice sounded from the other end.

"Why are you calling by this time ?." Commissioner Steve Inquired.

"Well, I want Jasmine off the case."

Commissioner Steve frowned. " Why ?. You wanted her to be in this case. "

"it's my decision to make commissioner."

"What exactly do you want in this state? Why are doing all this ?"

"Jasmine should be off the case. Have a lovely night commissioner." The line cut.

Commissioner Steve let out a frustrated sigh. He needs to visit CID and have a personal conversation with this Jasmine.

*****

"In the flesh,"   Ekomobong said as she raised her arms.

Jasmine remained quiet and amused. Imagine being in the same school with the devil. She mused.

"It's been long oh. I mean you're no more slim like a broomstick again." Daniel taunted.

This is no time to be laughing with the enemy Daniel. Jasmine thought.

Ekomobong let out a hearty laugh." When you guys will always be mocking me about how slim I am."

"Why won't we? Like I always believed that a heavy breeze can push you." He chuckled.