0,5 | Our Creation

Maya went through a lot, but nothing compared to what she was feeling in this moment.

She let out cries as her body tore itself apart, screaming in pain as her body trashed around on the ground, chaotic spasms taking over the most basic thing a person could have - control over herself. However, it wasn't the worst part of her situation at all; she felt her own mind slipping away, her own telepathic gift not being enough from the sudden invasion of privacy.

"Please, stop." She whimpered helplessly, into the void. She was alone, but she knew someone would hear her.

And they did.

"Why would we stop, child?" The voice, existing both in and out of her, spoke with just a bit of amusement in their tone.

"You deserve it. And you know it."

"You practically signed the death contract for your own species." The voice, no, The Phoenix Force, added, as more and more tears spilled down Maya's face. She was unable to move, as her own mind was being caught in an endless loop of suffering, simply being too overwhelmed to do anything.

She could only listen.

"You know that without me, this world is the most dangerous out of all they could be created in."

"I created..." Maya trailed off, as Phoenix Force took a step back in her mind, just to thrust itself even deeper, penetrating it ruthlessly. She let our a short gasp, as memories - the ones she did almost everything she could to forget - slipped into her view, as emotions overtook her once again, rendering her unable to move or speak.

"The Nilouma. Our little dimension, separated from Teyvat." Phoenix whispered, before letting out a laugh. "You don't think it'll stop it, do you?"

Maya wasn't able to answer, her body snapping and stopping it's movement, seemingly passed out.

"Oh no, no. We're not done yet." The cosmic being spoke over the telepaths body, separating itself from her, snapping it's finger. Instantly, a tentacle of dark energy wrapped around the mortal girl, sinking into her skin.

"That'll stop you from passing out, child." Phoenix Force smiled as Maya awoke once again, gasping as the pain instantly took over her body. However, it wasn't as bad as before, allowing her to speak, however, when she opened her mouth to do so, Phoenix cut her off.

"But no, Nilouma won't stop it. It will slow it down, yes, but with me trapped, your power won't last forever, which means, later or sooner Enhanced will appear outside of the bloodlines we've choosen."

"If it means stopping you, it's worth it." She snapped, but she regreted it immediately... Or at least, she would if her mind would still be alive.

"Oh, child. You didn't stop me... There's still hope." Phoenix smirked, aware of Maya's death, but just not caring, as she continued her speach.

"I will find a host. One that will know better than to reject me." They added, taking a few steps forward, towards... No, inside Maya's dead body.

"Otherwise, everyone will die. No matter if they're a god, an archon or a human. Not even enhanced will survive."

"They're my creation, after all. And without my life force..."

"They will be lost."