4 | The Threat

A few days have passed since Alya's disappearance.

At first, no one noticed, as the girl was, simply put, weird - and sometimes she didn't contact anyone for that amount of time too.

However, a few days before her disappearance, Alya and Amber decided to go gliding together in this time. Second day since her disappearance, Amber noticed.

At first, when she barged into her house, she didn't think she'd find it so peaceful and empty. Usually, the place was full of life - posssibly another facade Alya put up in front of everyone, not wanting to worry them.

But Amber knew, and that's why the unsual quiet at the teenage girl's place made her worried.

"Is anyone there?" She was calling out, but there was no response. And that's when she started to panic, realising something bad might have happened.

The very same day Amber wanted to report her missing - just to find herself stopped by an unknown impulse telling her that it's not important, and that Alya will come back eventually.

She didn't know that impulse wasn't natural and was placed in her head, though...

There were another few people who have noticed Alya's disappearance - Lumine, Paimon and Venti. None of them thought much of it, except for the last one.

As for him, he was very interested in Alya's disappearance.

The girl who he had just met in a very strange or at least questionable circumstances, the same one who had so rudely pushed him out of her way and practically predicted something being wrong before Stormterror's attack, wasn't anywhere to be found.

He was intrigued and even slightly worried. Not enough to disrupt his routine, however, he couldn't help but wonder.

Who was Alya really?

...And as for the girl herself, she couldn't possibly he happier.

"No, you can't do that! You're gonna ruin it... And you did it already." Daisy half-whined, half-prosested, as the two girls decided to bake a cake using their powers. Daisy's ability to put pressure on things was ceirtanly useful, and so was Alya's new discovered telekinesis.

The younger girl still had slight problems with it, but she grew to control it on a very small scale - just enough to mix the ingredients together with nothing else but her mind.

"Sorry..." Alya whispered sheepishly, looking over at their mixture they just finished making. For her, it wasn't that bad - it was just that most of it flew out of the bowl already.

"It's going to be a cupcake now..." Daisy was horrified, seemingly playfully, but Alya knew she was serious. The girl was very passionate about cooking and baking - almost in the same way the younger one loved painting.

"Make it two and we won't share with Charles." Alya offered, making Daisy swallow. She was just about to argue when Charles entered the room.

"I heard my name... Girls." He stopped in the doorstep, his tone turning from playful to serious in a moment. "You two are..."

"Horrible, but smart and beautiful and you love us so you're gonna mind control some people to clean it up?" Daisy offered innocently, turning around to look at him.

Charles sighed.

"Next time it'll be you that I mind control." He muttered.

"You know you wouldn't." His cousin smirked, picking up the spoon to continue mixing the substance. The deal was, Alya wasn't supposed to use her powers, but could Charles blame her?