21

July 1st, 1964

Finally time to head home. The band was ecstatic to sleep in their own beds for the first time in what felt like years. Touring was fun, but it was long and a dragging routine at times.

"Done exploring the world. It was grand, wasn't it?" George asks as the boys stepped on the plane for the last time during their World Tour.

"Yes, very, Georgie. Still have the states, though." John reminded him as he sat down in the seat next to Emery.

"Splendid." Ringo chimed in from in front of them.

"I know Em is excited to get back home to her Elvis records." Paul winked at Emery. Paul always liked to tease John, saying Elvis would call Emery any moment and ask her out on a date. It wasn't funny, and it just made John even more jealous, even if it would never be possible for Emery to be fancied by the King.

"Y'know, Paul, you're a little rat sometimes." Emery snapped at her friend.

"Blimey, what expansive vocabulary you have." Paul remarked, smirking as he sat in his seat across from the couple.

"Ignore him, Em. You are a little rat, Paul." John grinned at his best friend.

Paul scrunched up his features and made a face at John, causing John to laugh.

"So, gotten used to planes, have you, Em?" John looked at his future wife.

"I've gotten acclimated to the icky feeling, if that's your question, John." Emery snarked.

"Lovely." John winked at her, gripping her hand as they took off once more.

Emery leaned into John, scrunching her nose. "You smell a bit, John." She told him quietly.

"Didn't have time to shower after the concert last night. Also, have ye smelt yerself lately?" He retaliated.

"I'm sorry, but the doctor said i can't shower much and I can't bathe until my abdomen has healed. Meaning my basically c-section scar." Emery cringed at the thought. She felt John would not want her anymore because of her scar, but how ridiculous did that sound? Imperfections on other women were beautiful to Emery, just not on herself. Nonetheless, she sounded batty. 

"2 more weeks." Emery said.

"Blimey long time. Holy hell, how is that gonna go?" John nodded. Emery whacked him.

...

Emery could almost cry as she stepped into her apartment, falling backwards dramatically onto her couch.

"I've missed this so, so much." She sighed.

John chuckled. "Glad to be home then?" He asked her, leaning against the doorframe of her living room.

"So glad. But I had fun. I hope you had fun, too. Plus, the fun is certainly not over." She walked up to him, playing with the collar of his dress shirt.

"Ah, yes, the fun certainly isn't over." She smiled, leaning in and kissing her.

He led her upstairs and they started to do what they did best-making out. It was leading somewhere.  However, Emery got flustered and her face turned hot.

"What's wrong, Emmy?" He grinned, his face softening when he saw her uncomfortable expression.

"My stomach-it's ugly." She wrapped her arms around her stomach, concealing her scar.

"Emery, you're gorgeous. Don't let a little line get in the way of you living your life. This is a documentation of your struggle and your triumph, your journey through life. Don't hide it." He looked in her eyes, caressing her scar and bending down to kiss it.

Just remembered we can't shag yet, Emmy. Cuddling will have to do." He winked at her.

"We can if we really wanted to." She offered.

"Not gonna do that to you, Em. Not right when yer body isn't healed yet."

"I'm sorry. You now have my permission to shag other girls." Emery looked away, avoiding John's gaze.

"Are you so utterly daft to say that? You don't need to apologize for anything. Your body needs to heal properly, Em. On another topic, you think I'm a sex freak?" He laid down beside her. Emery shrugged meekly.

"Maybe you're the freak, but I'm not." He poked her.

Emery huffed. "So you don't think it looks bad?"

"Not at all." He pulled her into him, resting his cheek on the top of her head as the pair drifted to a well-needed slumber.