Chapter 3

I just sat there in shock as I looked at him. 'Being used as an experiment for money? But what if I die in the process? Will he come back for me?' I thought as a million more questions came into my head.

"What are you waiting for, go pack your stuff!" he yelled at me.

I got up from the couch and handed him back the papers before going to my room. I looked around wondering what to bring. I grabbed a bookbag from the closet with a few shirts and shorts. I grabbed a couple things mom had given me and put them in my bookbag. I sighed softly and went out of my bedroom to the bathroom and grabbed my toothbrush as well as my hairbrush.

"Come on mutt we don't have a day!" Dad yelled.

I quickly grabbed the rest of my stuff, shoving it in my bag. I went and met him in the living room and looked at him. He just looked at me and rolled his eyes. I sighed softly and looked at the ground. He walked over to me and lifted my head back up to look at him.

"Don't think I'll be upset that you're gone. I never liked you. The only reason I'm doing this now is because I'm getting money out of it" he said to me as I looked at him. "Now do you have everything mutt or are you just going to stand there and stare" he added and let go of me.

I just nodded to him. He just looked at me with hatred before turning to the door and opening it. Grabbing my stuff, I walked out the door and down the stairs to the car. He just closed the door and locked it behind him before he followed behind me and unlocked the car. I opened the back door and tossed my bag in before crawling in after. Dad got in the car as well and buckled up. I got comfortable behind the passenger seat and buckled up.

I just stared out the window as he drove because I knew he wasn't going to sit there and talk with me. Why even think that, He never liked to talk to me because he was bored. I sighed as I watched out the window before my eyelids got too heavy and I ended up falling asleep.

When I woke, we were just arriving at our destination. It was a huge white building with what made me think a thousand floors. It also had these big windows on each floor but only looked to be one sided glass where you could see out, but anyone outside couldn't see in. I shivered 'This place gives me the chills' I thought. Dad pulled in through the big gate and found a parking spot.

"Come on mutt, we don't have time to just sit here and look around, '' he said with a growl as he got out of the car.

I got out of the car grabbing my stuff and closing the door before following behind him. We started to head to the front door before a lady came out and greeted dad. She had long blonde hair that was kept in a ponytail and blue green eyes. One of dad's "types".

"Jason, welcome and this must be the little one you were telling me about" she said to me with a big smile on her face.

I hid behind dad carefully so that I try not to touch him. That was no point cause dad grabbed ahold of me and put me in front of him.

"Yep, this is her" he said to her.

I looked up at dad confused before back at the lady. He treated me like he knew me so well that he talks about me all the time like the perfect child.

"Well let's get you two inside and get everything ready for you to stay" she first started to talk to dad before looking at me.

I just nodded to her before both me and dad started to walk behind her. She ended up showing us everything we needed to know before taking us to the front desk.

"So did you fill out those papers that I gave you the other day" she said to dad.

"Of course," he said as he reached into his back pocket for the papers and handed them to her. "Here you are." he added.

"Perfect!" she said excitedly and took them and looked through them. "Well, it looks like everything is filled out the way it's supposed to so let me go over the rest of it" she said as she talked to dad.

I rolled my eyes at them before looking around. There were other kids here of all ages. Some of them looked very strange. Something was off about them, like something in their genetics went wrong. There was also a smell of blood here and there. I shivered as I looked at them more. 'Is something going to happen to me?' I thought as I looked at them.

A little boy came over with a smile. He was half human, half cat. "Hey! You must be new here huh?" he said to me while his tail wagged like a dog.

I looked at him in confusion and nodded.

He just looked at me smiling "Well I'm Oliver, and you are?" he said as he tilted his head a little.

I didn't answer him as I didn't want to talk.

He stood there watching me "You don't talk do you" he said to me.

I shook my head.

"Why?"

I looked over at my dad and just pointed to him carefully.

He looked over at him while he was flirting with the lady. "Did he do something to you?" he asked.

I nodded and pointed to my eye.

"Oh wow, did he do more than just that?"

I nodded.

"I'll hurt him for you" he replied with a little bit of anger in his voice as he said it.

I looked at him and shook my head no.

He looked at me and pouted "But he hurt my friend I have to know" he said to me.

I looked at him 'he called me friend' I thought and watched him before shaking my head and pointing at myself.

He looked confused but tried to figure out what I was trying to say. "Do you want to?" he said to me.

I nodded to him.

"Then I at least want to help in the process," he said to me with a smile.

I looked at him. 'He barely knows me, and he would do that for me?' I thought and signed to him thank you.

He smiled and his tail wagged more "your welcome" he purred.

The lady came over and touched my shoulder "oh goodie your making friends how adorable" she said to me and looked at Oliver. "Oliver this is Antalya" she said with a smile and looked back at me.

Oliver looked at me and smiled "Antalya it suits you" he purred.

I just looked at him before looking back at the lady.

"It does indeed suit her. Now how about we show her to her room" she said to Oliver with a smile.

I looked at Oliver before looking back at the desk where dad used to be. 'Of course, he was already gone, why did I even think he would still be here' I thought to myself as I looked back at Oliver. He had his hand out for me to grab ahold of to follow him.

"Come on I'll show you to your new room" he purred while still having his hand out.

I sighed softly and took it. The lady let go of me as I did. Oliver smiled brightly as I took his hand and tugged me softly to follow him. I just followed him wherever we were going.