Chapter Twenty-Five

As Calia ran out of the Great Hall, the storm within her began to get out of control. Destructive. She felt lightning striking beside her as she went, rain soaking her hair and dress within seconds. Stop right this minute, girl. You will regret it.

"My friends are in danger! The only way to stop this is to end him," she yelled back to the voice in her mind.

You will die, Calia of the Storm. He will kill you.

She used every ounce of her muscles to tug open the double doors as she sprinted outside into the quad. A thunderstorm followed her, but as soon as she stepped onto the grassy lawn, it grew across Solasta. "Then let everyone know that my final act of survival was to keep my friends safe." No matter how much pain she endured throughout her life, she would always be grateful for them. Her mother. Soari and Amias. Arzhel. Lottie and Jade. Eliot. Torin. Each one held a special place in her heart, and if she was going to get herself killed...well, it would be a choice she would have to live with until her last breath.

A set of strong arms grabs her with sheer force that air knocked out of her lungs. She screamed and thrashed, but whoever held her was much stronger than her by a mile. It was a man. No, a monster. The killer had finally gotten to her. He sped away from the quad with full speed that the mask tied behind her head loosened until it eventually fell onto the wet grass.

"Rest, darling. This will all be over soon."

Then, her body went limp, and she fell into a dreamless sleep.