Chapter 3

Demi's P.O.V.

I woke up at around 9:30 so Dad had just left a few minutes ago. Perfect. I packed all of the stuff I wanted and packed the things Dameon needed. I'll let him pack what belongings he wants. When I was done I hid the bags just in casedad came home and found out. Then I went downstairs and made breakfast for Dameon and I.

"DAMEON WAKE UP, TODAYS THE DAY!" I shouted excitedly from downstairs. He ran down stairs, hair in a MESS!

"I need to see Jassy!" He yelled.

"Hold on, do you have her number?" I asked him.

"YES! I'll go get it!" He ran upstairs and back down with his binder. He serched threw his messy binder and fiannly found the only paper in it that wasn't riped, torn, or bent. "HERE IT IS!" he yelled and ran to the phone. He started dialing her number and almost fangirled when she answered. He told her the plan and I heard her on the other line continually thanking him. Then she said she'd be ready in a half and hour.

"Eat, we have a LONG day ahead of us." I told him. We dug into our cereal and the he ran upstaris to finish packing. I walked upstairs to the hiding spot and brought down the three small bags I packed. He came down with his stuff in his backpack. "Ready?" I asked.

"Yep, LEGO!" He said and we sped off to Jasmines house. Her house was just outside his school so we were there in no time. She was already outside and she had a bag of food. That's it. She was wearing her school uniform but one thing definately stood out. She had a beautiful locket on and on the outside was a key hole. It looked very centimentil because she held on to it for dear life. When she saw Dameon she put the locket in her shirt, grabed her stuff and rode over to us.

"Hi Dameon!" She said cheerfully. I fianally got a good look at her and she's gorgeous! 

"Hi Jassy!" He said back.

"Who's this?" She asked him, refuring to me.

"Oh, this is my older sister Demi! It was her idea to leave." he told her.

"Hi,it'snice to meet you Jasmine." I said.

"You to, and you can call me Jassy. I just can't thank you enough for letting me come."  she said.

"Well, I know that when I was your age all I wanted to do was leave. I'm happy to help. So are you ready?" I asked.

"Yep! So where are we riding?" heasked us.

"We're riding to a small park the next town over.then we'll sleep there and just ride again in the morning." I told her.

"Well then lets get riding!" She said.

------------------------------------------5 Hours Later--------------------------------------------

We got to the park and were exausted. "Ok, so we;re going to stay here for the night," I said while locking up our bikes,"so find a bench or a slide and just sleep." I sat on the swing and rocked back and forth while Dameon fall fast asleep on a nearby slide.

"You know, it's really weird," Jassy said while stting next to me, "I never thought people could be nice." She smiled up at me. "I thought I would never make a friend,and then Dameon came along. Now I have you and him."

I smiled at her "Ya, Damoen's something else.Sometimes I'm jealous of how good he is with people. You see Jassy, I'm alot like you. In grade school, and still now, people hated me. They called me a bunch of meannames. I just wish that someone was there for like Dameon is for you. Well at least now your safe." I said, tears briming in my eyes.

"It'sok Demi, now your safe too." Jassy said while standing up. "I'm going to get some sleep, we have alot of riding to do tomarrow." She said and walked over to the bench by Dameon.

I swang for a while, thinking about what Jassy said. Am I safe? No. I'm not. My memories haunt me, and always will. Plus, my Step-Dad is rich, If he wants to, he can track Dameon and I down, and get Jassy too! No, I'm not safe, not at all. I think my brain is going to eat me from the inside out, slowly destroying me untill I'm nothing but an empty shell. But, how long will tkat take?