t h i r t y - s e v e n

Chan Young was the one noticed In Seong. He was fast asleep, back leaning against the glass. He was waiting for Hyun Soo to wake up after that attack. No one knew how long Hyun Soo was going to be out, but In Seong made sure he was the one who protected the room that Hyun Soo slept in. Chan Young looked back at Eun Yoo. "Don't bother. You should have seen them back the apartment building." Eun Yoo commented. "In Seong won't leave Hyun Soo's side. Ever." Eun Yoo added.

Su Ji looked over at his best friend. In Seong was dead on his feet by the time they got Hyun Soo back into the hospital. Eun Yoo said that she'd take the first watch, but In Seong insisted that it would be him. Eun Yoo didn't fight him on it, knowing that In Seong would fall asleep while doing so.

Su Ji could see that In Seong really cared about Hyun Soo. "How close were they at the apartment building?" He asked.

"They saved Yeong Su and Su Yeong together. After that... In Seong would fight anyone who bad mouthed Hyun Soo or used him to their own advantage." Eun Yoo looked over at In Seong. "My brother used to use Hyun Soo as his errand boy. Collecting any and everything we needed from the other apartments." Eun Yoo said.

"Fuck, seriously?" Eun Yoo nodded. "And In Seong?"

"He hated it. And he told Eun Hyuk often."

"Could it be true?" Chan Young began, having Su Ji and Eun Yoo look in his direction. "We did what we did because monsterization can't be reversed. Because they could no longer be considered human. That's why we've been killing them." Su Ji fell silent – the whole monsterization thing confused him, even now with what they found out from Hyun Soo. "But what he said is true. I've been killing humans all along."

"No." Eun Yoo said. "Well, it's not like you had a choice in the matter."

"What are you gonna do now?" Chan Young asked, changing the subject.

"We're gonna wait for Hyun Soo to wake up." Eun Yoo said. She looked over at In Seong who was starting to wake up from his nap. "You?"

"I should get back there. I've been gone for too long." Chan Young said.

Eun Yoo nodded. "Yeah." She lowered her head. "Sorry for causing so much trouble." Eun Yoo said.

Chan Young stared at Eun Yoo for a moment before turning away from her. "Must be nice being you. You're so quick to come to terms with everything. You and In Seong. We might never hear from you again. Do you have anything to say to the people waiting for you at camp?" Chan Young asked.

"I don't." Eun Yoo said. "I just wanna be forgotten."

Chan Young looked at Su Ji. He just shrugged. "I didn't know anybody who wasn't in Seong and Dae Hyun. Dae Hyun can handle his own, and he probably knows that something like this would happen." Su Ji looked over at In Seong. "Ask In Seong, he might want you tell Yeong Su something." Su Ji said.