IX.

Chapter NineSunset Park, Brooklyn, New York

Chapter Nine
Sunset Park, Brooklyn, New York.
March 1st, 2000.

"Watch this unc!"

While one was occupied on his leg and using it to climb, Clifford tuned into what his oldest nephew was about to show him. It was nothing more than him spinning and jumping in a circle super fast.

"Junior, we gotta find another cool move bro." Clifford kept it real with the boy. "Unc done seen that one way too many times."

"Okay okay, wait. Watch this one!"

Clifford sighed and grinned. He didn't know how Delano deal with having three kids that were all under the age 7— but it was gift to have them here as his niece and two nephews.

"Okay...how was that one unc?"

"That one was dope. I like it way better."

Feeling reassured, confident and proud of himself, Delano Jr. raced from outside his grandmother's backyard to the slide door that allowed him inside the home. Clifford followed behind the young boy, still having his other nephew on hung tight on his leg. He didn't bother taking him off, as the three year found enjoyment in sticking there.

"¿Qué te dije sobre correr dentro de mi casa Junior? ¡¿Qué te dije?!"

"Sorry, abuelita..." the six year voiced, "I was just trying to show you something."

The woman was rested on her couch, her youngest grandchild sitting on her lap. She finished her last braid on the youth's head before looking at Junior. "Go ahead and show me."

Clifford walked in at the right moment, seeing his nephew knock over his grandmother's vase as he performed his stunt moves.

Uh oh.

The man couldn't keep his laughter in as his mother went off on her grandchild, ordering for him to leave from being the house. The boy ran back through the house to get back outside, and his three year brother followed his steps as he ran behind him.

"Problemas, te lo digo yo..." Elena spat. "Delano needs to whoop their asses!"

"Those don't work." Clifford voiced, walking deeper into the living room. The one year old started to squirm, whining as her grandmother put a hand in her hair. Clifford took the baby into his hands, holding her high above his head in amusement. Her fake cries were quickly turned into wails of joy.