Chapter 2: Not A Hero

Kaijin: So how is it?

Y/N looks down upon his new gears crafted by non other than the dwarven brothers.

Y/N: These are definitely better than anything Falmuth could make

Kaijin: Heh, I'll take that as a compliment.

Rimuru enters the tent and upon seeing Y/N he whistles slightly.

Rimuru: Now you are looking more like a Guardian.

Y/N slightly chuckles at his words.

A few days ago. Y/N thought about how he would contribute to the village if he were to be staying.

Rimuru brought up the idea of becoming a guardian/protector of the village since Y/N was the only one that surpasses him in terms of combat prowess.

Kaijin: These aren't you average gears either. Their are all Unique Grades. It should raise you combat capabilities by a lot.

Y/N: Are you guys sending me off to a war or something? (-_- )

Kaijin and Rimuru look among themselves before looking back at the otherworlder.

Rimuru: We are actually thinking about sending you out for a mission.

Y/N: You think I'm ready for that?

Rimuru: You clearly are.....

Y/N: Hmm I don't know maybe I should go train abit?

Noticing Y/N's hesitancy. Rimuru think of another way to motivate his friend.

Rimuru: Okay what if I pay you a weekly salar-

Y/N: No mission is impossible for me! I shall get it done right away!

Y/N then darts out of the tent while leaving a perplexed slime behind.

Rimuru: Wait! I haven't tell you what you task is!
______________________

-Eren POV-

My party members sighs in union as our team as been yet again sent on another mission by the Guild Master.

Kaval: That old man, if he wanted us dead he could have just say so!

Gido: I want to eat something.......

I could only sigh in agreement at their dejection. I wanted to go for a bath so bad!

The current task given to us by Mr.Fuze was to investigate the occurrence of the golden light that filled the entirety of the Great Jura Forest a few days ago.

Eren: First cases regarding the True Dragon, now some mysterious light in one of the most dangerous place in the region?!!

Kaval: Yea! What was that old man thinking, we are B-Rank Adventurers for gods sake!