Chapter 12

As the sun began to set over the tranquil Skylander Academy, a sense of unease filled the air. Cadets scurried about, preparing for their nightly routines, unaware of the impending chaos that was about to befall them. Chompy Mage, notorious for his insatiable hunger for power and traptanium, had set his sights on the Academy, eager to claim the remaining traptanium shards.
Unbeknownst to the cadets, Chompy Mage had managed to amass an impressive collection of traptanium, all except for the elusive elements of undead, dark, fire, and the coveted traptanium of Kaos himself. With this formidable arsenal, the mage had become a force to be reckoned with, and the Skylanders would face their most challenging battle yet.
As the moon rose high in the sky, casting an otherworldly glow over the Academy, Chompy Mage's ominous silhouette appeared on the horizon. His sneering grin revealed jagged teeth, each one representing a victory in his ruthless quest for power. With a wave of his staff, the ground beneath him crackled with dark magic, signalling the imminent attack.
The cadets and resident Skylanders scrambled into position, forming a protective line at the entrance of the Academy. Fear coursed through their veins, but they knew they had to stand their ground. Tree Rex, Zap, and Wash Buckler took the frontlines, ready to face the malevolent mage head-on.
The clash of metal and magic filled the air as Chompy Mage unleashed his relentless assault. With each swing of his staff, bolts of lightning and embers rained down upon the brave defenders. Flames danced across the walls, shattering the peaceful atmosphere that once enveloped the Academy.
Whirlwind, erupting in a vortex of power, retaliated with a gust of wind strong enough to blow Chompy Mage off balance. However, the mage quickly regained his composure, summoning a massive golem made of traptanium shards to shield him from further attacks. The golem lumbered towards the defenders, smashing through their barricade with terrifying strength.
While Thunderbolt, armed with his lightning-infused spear, challenged the golem head-on, the cadets, not willing to bow down to defeat, launched surprise attacks from every angle. Pop Fizz, with a vial of explosive concoction, hurled his volatile mixtures, temporarily stunning the golem. This provided an opening for Camo, the master of nature, to ensnare the golem in a web of vines, momentarily immobilizing its destructive strength.
But Chompy Mage was not one to be outsmarted easily. With a twinkle in his eye, he summoned his swirling vortex of traptanium, tearing through the sky and plunging the Academy into chaos. The defenders found themselves quickly overwhelmed as the destructive force ripped through their defences like a tornado.
Even the mighty Wham-Shell, fortified by his impenetrable shell, couldn't withstand the onslaught. The shockwaves from Chompy Mage's relentless attacks caused the ground beneath the Academy to tremble, resulting in massive cracks forming beneath their feet. The cadets and Skylanders had no choice but to retreat further into the Academy, narrowly avoiding being swallowed by the earth's gaping maw.
As the dust settled and the chaos subsided, the devastation left in Chompy Mage's wake was evident. The once-proud Skylander Academy lay in ruins. Fallen pillars, shattered statues, and smouldering ruins testified to the battle that had ensued. The cadets, bruised but unbroken, gathered together to assess the damage.
Though their physical surroundings had been decimated, their spirits remained defiant. They knew this was not the end. The battle against Chompy Mage had only just begun, and they were determined to reclaim what was rightfully theirs: the sanctity of the Skylander Academy and the traptanium he sought to possess.
Little did Chompy Mage know that, in his haste to claim these precious shards, he had awakened a dormant strength within the cadets and Skylanders. With resilience in their hearts and a newfound determination, they would rebuild, regroup, and rally the forces of good for the ultimate showdown.
The destruction of the Skylander Academy would serve as a testament to their unwavering resolve. The only hope now was for Jawbreaker and ShroomBoom to defeat him.