II - CHARLATAN.

TW for guns, violence, excessive cursing, attempted kidnapping/fake hostage situation

---

char·la·tan

a person claiming to have a special knowledge or skill; a fraud.

---

[LOG cont. - July 13th, Year ????]

As you stepped into the venue, the first thing you noticed was the heat. 

In both a physical and a mental sense, you could feel yourself melting in between the dancing bodies of the crowd. They were completely enraptured by the voices tantalizingly echoing through the venue, not bothered at all by the immense proximity.

You quickly glanced down, ensuring your VIP tag was safely secured on your body. 

[VIP SECTION ADMITTANCE]

(Fake Name)

Admittance approved July 13th, ????

You huffed in amusement as your eyes read the false title that you'd been assigned. Unfortunately, your supervisor had taken matters into her own hands when deciding certain factors of your disguise. If everything went well, you'd have to embody that name daily for the next year.

No matter. Such details like that did not affect your main goal.

You continued to weave your way closer to the source of the music -- your targets

With each step you took, you could feel the vibrations from the song they were currently singing shooting up through your body. The closer you approached, the more it felt as if they were enveloping you inside their irresistible aura of pop magic. You felt unreasonably tempted to bop your head along to the familiar beat. As you smiled briefly and whispered "excuse me" to a few intoxicated individuals, you finally managed to reach your seat in the VIP section. 

That was when you saw them.

There they were, in the flesh. The objects of your past self's obsessions. You hated the way that you could feel yourself becoming nervous, despite long extinguishing the flame they once ignited within you. 

What were you, a teenager? A little nervousness had never stopped you from completing your mission. 

Returning to attention, you watched them like a hawk. Your eyes followed the way their bodies danced, lithe and commanding in nature. Having long shed the original layers of their performance costumes, the siblings were now left in fabulously crafted sleeveless bodysuits that allowed for more eccentric and flexible dancing. The blue and magenta crystal jewelry they wore sparkled and shook in time with their movements, in a way that almost seemed hypnotizing. 

You had to admit, they looked pretty good.

Briefly checking your watch, you let out a soft sigh. You had timed your entrance to be during their final song, ensuring you'd be in optimal position for when it was time to strike. 

Currently, Velvet was on the side of the stage closest to you. As she sung, her eyes scanned the audience briefly, offering the occasional wave or air kiss. Her stage presence was overwhelmingly powerful. You could tell she was absolutely devouring the attention, her expression displaying pure, unadulterated vanity. As her gaze moved to the VIP section closer to the stage, they lingered just a second longer on your stare, squinting just slightly. You supposed she may be wondering if she'd seen you before, or if you happened to be there the whole time and she missed you. All you offered her was a soft reassuring smile, bopping your head to the music. You watched her eye twitch in irritation at your passive encouragement, before she turned away, singing louder than she was before. You couldn't help the way the corners of your mouth twitched upwards. She was so easy to read.