IX - PARADOX.

a/n: ngl those 45 seconds where my mouse is scrolling slowly thru my google doc and highlighting all i've written so I can copy and paste it into wattpad makes me question where my life has taken me sometimes LMFAO

this didn't go exactly how I had planned or wanted it to, but yk what after writing for like 6 hours straight I give up - enjoy this shit show of a chapter that I have NOT proofread LMAO 

mwah ily guys ty for all your funny comments they make my day sm better <3

TW for sexual themes, alcohol, drugging others, manipulation and possessiveness, violence, reader gets angry and the siblings like it (???)

---

par·a·dox

a situation, person, or thing that combines contradictory features or qualities.

---

[LOG - OCTOBER 31st, Year ????]

It hurt to get up from your bed the next morning.

Truly, honestly hurt. Not just your body, but your soul.

After driving aimlessly around Mount Rageous for about an hour to calm yourself down and sort through your thoughts, you had returned to Velvet and Veneer's mansion around 3 in the morning. You hadn't intended to be out for that long, but it had happened - and now, at 7am, you had to face the consequences.

One of which being Velvet's grating, screeching voice yelling at you through the wood of your bedroom door.

"(Fake Name)~! What are you doing in there? WAKE UP RIGHT NOW!" she smugly screamed, her fist banging on the door violently. Every time her hand shifted across the wood, you could hear light scratches coming from her sharp nails thwacking against the material. You grabbed your pillow, wrapping it around your head and groaning in frustration. It was much too early for this.

"Vels, chill out," Veneer's voice approached, and for once you were grateful for his presence, "Maybe they didn't go to sleep as early as we did. They could still be tired."

"...Yeah, but we like - barely saw them at all yesterday," she quietly confided, and you found yourself removing the pillow from your ears to listen in curiously. She sounded different now, a little softer as she was speaking to Veneer under the assumption that you weren't awake to hear. "We were busy, and it's boring when I don't get my daily dose of annoying them. We should have just let them come with us to the fittings."

"Girl - they're not exactly in the right mood to be annoyed right now, anyways, Vels. I think it was for the better. Didn't you see how different they were acting yesterday? Like they were a wet cat, or something!" he asked, his tone a bit incredulous as he internalized his sister's argument.

"I don't care," she huffed, and you could almost imagine the childlike glare she had on, "Just because they're acting weird doesn't mean I'm going to leave them be. They're our bodyguard. If something's up with them, it's their deal to handle it. You were literally spinning them around like they were cotton candy yesterday, Veer. You can't talk about annoying."

"Okay, well, it was pretty cute," he confided, his voice lilting into a giggle. You felt your face flush just slightly. "Their face when they were dizzy, just dazedly agreeing with everything I said? It was so different from their normal professional look! And I was so close to their lips, too-"

"Ooookkayyy, shut the fuck up," Velvet interrupted, and you heard Veneer's sentence get cut off as her hand went to muffle him, "I do NOT wanna hear the end of that sentence. Nuh uh. You sound like you're a dumbass lovesick idiot. It makes me want to vomit."