VII - MARRED.

a/n: omg look out its tofu_teas coming at you with an almost 9k words chapter while dressed in a santa costume ahhhh!! time skip!! ahhhh!! crazy stuff!! ahh!!! a half-delusional author writing chapters that may or may not make sense! AhhhH!

you could technically consider this act two if u wanted to get fancy with it 

as always I'm sorry for any spelling errors and grammar mistakes mwah enjoy 

TW for alcohol, drugs, blackout, velvet and veneer being very clingy towards you

---

mar

to impair the quality of; spoil.

---

[LOG - October 26th, Year ????]

[TIME PASSED - 3 MONTHS, 08 DAYS.]

"YES, that's it! Pose for me! Give me passion! Give me ENERGY!!"

From the back of the AceStars photography studio, you watched with intense amusement as Velvet and Veneer contorted their oddly flexible bodies into unconventional poses for the photographer. They were currently posing with their recently won Glammy's award, gifted to them for their new hit single that just dropped. Something about a Circus, if you remembered correctly.

No wonder they were dressed in such funny outfits. It was pretty cute.

Taking a sip from your beverage that you'd nabbed from the refreshments and snacks table, you relaxed back onto the wall. It had been about three months since the eccentric duo had hired you to be their bodyguard, and in that time, you had made valuable progress.

Truly, it made you want to pat yourself on the back.

Following the first few rough days of your employment, things had swiftly begun to simmer down. Velvet and Veneer quickly grew accustomed to your presence (which you later learned from Crimp was due to the fact that no other employees had lasted a week before quitting - go figure), and you found yourself able to let up a bit on your over-the-top subservient personality - even going as far as to joke with the sibling popstars sometimes.

Venues and gigs were common for the duo as well, so after the president of LuxeAroma's absolutely...eventful birthday, all future events, no matter how fast-paced, had been met with confidence from you.

Nothing would be worse than that first party.

In fact - you heard on the news about a month after said event that Mr. Sterling had been arrested for being found with illegally made perfumes.

Good for Dakota - It seemed their mission had gone well.

You had to admit - when you slipped into the life and personality of (Fake Name), the comfortable ebb-and-flow of your relationship with the sibling duo had become pleasant. Velvet had yet to blow up at you, and Veneer had yet to switch into his "mean mode" (as you liked to call it) again. Following their whims had become muscle memory, and occasionally you found yourself actually enjoying their company.

Not to mention - the extra money from your monthly paycheck certainly lightened any blows that may have come your way.

"Take ten, then we'll keep going until we're finished!" the photographer squealed, immediately browsing all of the photos that she'd taken with immense excitement.

As if on cue, Velvet and Veneer approached you.

Due to their consistent lack of professional staff (and Crimp's tearful begging), about a week or two after your initial hiring you had begrudgingly accepted the title of "Bodyguard Assistant". This meant you'd help out with things other than just protecting the siblings, whenever the need arose. Typically, that need came when Crimp was overwhelmed with paperwork, correspondence, planning - things of that manner. You would always happily assist with that, as it allowed you a chance to snoop through documents and data that you typically did not have access to.