XI - LURE.

a/n this is getting excitingggg heehee we're getting to the drama very soon 

this one is also shorter than my normal 10k words I apologize pookies but I promise the next chapter is gonna be really interesting LMAOO 

enjoy for now! I apologize for any errors as always :}

TW for manipulation, lying, reader being "under the influence" (you'll figure it out as you read)

---

lure

something that tempts or is used to tempt a person or animal to do something.

---

[LOG - December 22nd, Year ????]

[TIME PASSED - 22 DAYS.]

You always loved it when the weather got like this.

In autumn, the leaves fell and the world got a small chill—the air seeming to almost promise the winter bliss that was to come. When you were a small child training at HQ to get your agent's officiation, you remembered the way you would squeal excitedly at the morning weather forecast, then sneak up to the higher floors of the building and watch the way the thick frozen snow danced its way down from the heavens and to the earth below. It felt like your own personal wintry performance—always the perfect way to start your day. Even though others would call it a "snowstorm", you would call it quite the opposite: the calm before your actual storm—your daily training and subsequent scolding.

That same feeling of childlike elation returned now—as you were sitting in the lobby of your target's mansion next to a fireplace. Velvet had ordered Crimp to open the large curtains that covered their outdoor glass doors, so now you had a large window to the quiet and blanketed world outside. You were surprised at the sheer multitude covering the ground—you had guessed that in this particular busy area of Mount Rageous the snow wouldn't be this voluminous.

You definitely weren't complaining, though. It was gorgeous.

Along with the weather, your daily schedule had changed, too. The benefits of your Halloween excursion had nearly worn off completely—you'd actually gotten a scolding from Crimp for your lack of presence at the photoshoot that the siblings had the day after your "dates" with Kid Ritz and Satine. Go figure.

Now, you found yourself back to how it used to be—almost always underneath the cold watch of the superstar duo. It was strange; you almost felt as if one of their gazes was on you at all times. It was making things more difficult to snoop into, but you figured that with your current predicament in fabricating clues, there were worse things to worry about.

Like your closely impending deadline.

Well, self-imposed deadline—February 28th, but a deadline nonetheless. It should be considered real at this point, as if you were any later completing this mission you'd probably get grilled and eaten alive by your supervisor—who had already been thoroughly tested by you and your incompetence.

It would be okay, though. You'd done thorough research while you were given the opportunity and you were actually quite secure about a few hypotheses you'd formulated. You'd messaged Margo and asked for her opinion on a few things, too—since her final exam was coming up, you figured she'd been studying the ways of clue analysis closely, and could probably tell you a few tips. Of course, those tips were already solidified in your mind given your years of practice, but it never hurt to double down on something.