III - IMPLORE.

---

im·plore

beg someone earnestly or desperately to do something.

---

[LOG - July 17th, Year ????]

[Mission ONE - Success. Targets were placed in a dangerous situation and saved by 88. Post-operation protocol solidified the believability of the situation - subordinates were successfully "arrested" by other subordinates near the area.]

---

You didn't expect the news to come to you so quickly.

Especially not in your own (temporary) home, sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee. 

Here it was, though - the whole goal behind your faked "savior" event at Velvet and Veneer's concert a few days ago. 

A letter.

It was inconspicuous in its size and color, seeming just as if it was any normal correspondence. It could have been a house offer, a postcard from an estranged family member, bills, anything. But the curly lettering used to write your "name" and temporary address was typical of Crimp's handwriting (Velvet and Veneer's assistant, your research told). That showed that it was clearly exactly the letter you were looking for. 

You opened it gently, more gently than you honestly should have. When you unfolded the paper inside, you were met with the same curly handwriting. 

Dear (Fake Name),

Hello! My name is Crimp, I am Velvet and Veneer's assistant here in Mount Rageous. Recently, they thought that I could use some help with managing all of their affairs, and asked that I personally contact you to ask: would you be interested in becoming their assistant?

Please don't mistake this as a cheap business offer! I am well aware that you lead a life of virtue as a Police Officer. However, Velvet and Veneer really, truly wish for you specifically to assist them. I'm not sure why, but they have promised that you will be paid handsomely, at least triple your current wage. 

They did not tell me what tasks you would be doing in particular, but please do consider the offer! (If you don't accept, I will get yelled at so please-)

Anyways, that's unrelated, haha! Thanks so much for your consideration! If you happen to be interested, there is no interview or anything! Just show up to this address starting Monday: 

5023 RichPeople Avenue

Mount Rageous Mansion Community, Mount Rageous

87693

Best,

Crimp

Closing the letter, you felt something akin to excitement bubble inside of you. Honestly, you knew you were good, but to secure a business deal that leads you to the superstars this quickly? You must have done a number on them. 

Obviously, you'd accept. Standing up from the couch to clean off your mug, you dialed your supervisor. 

"88? News so soon?" 

"Mhm. Phase two has been set in motion. I have secured a close relation with the siblings." 

"Affirmative. Best of luck, then." 

Smiling softly, you hung up. 

This would be fun. 

---