Chapter 2: Regina

Once outside the two barriers, we met Shoei who was looking for the barrier installers.

Shoei irritably said, "You two, state your identities."

"My apprentice and I are escaping from this madness."

"Do you know anything about this barrier, no need to answer, we'll find out more.", Shoei asked.

"Yes, Mr Shoei.", said Souka.

I said, "Mr Kijin, try that way, there seems to be a big magic."

"Big magic?, Shouka try to quickly check and report.", ordered Shoei.

"Yes Mr Shoei.", Shouka replied.

Soon Shouka reported that one of the barrier pillars was there.

I grabbed Shiro, then said, "Are we allowed to leave yet?, it's dangerous here for my apprentice."

"Go, sorry for interrupting your journey. I'll take my leave."

Shoei and his squad disappeared into the shadows.

"Shiro, it's time to watch the fun events."

"'Teacher, what's the event?"

"The rise of a new Demon Lord that will shatter the balance of the entire world."

"But teacher, before that can Shiro eat?"

"Then we'll find some food first, while waiting for that person to be over his grief."

A few hours later.

"Is it good?"

" Teacher, Slime is indeed refreshing."

"That's right. The slime we are eating now is indeed refreshing. But next time don't attack immediately before seeing the opponent's status, okay?"

"Yes, Teacher."

"Shiro, I'm sorry to ask, this might be rude, but how did you get to the jura tempest, are you one of the people living there?"

"Shiro actually escaped from a slave trader, and ended up in the Great Jura Forest, Shiro who went lost was found by a Goblina and helped all the way to Tempest."

"When did that happen?"

"Yesterday, Teacher."

"Then the Jura Tempest Federation was attacked, is that right?"

"That's right, Teacher."

"Are you sure you want to follow me, isn't that the same as being my slave?"

"Slave? You are my Teacher. From the moment we met, you didn't allow me to call you Master. Since then, I believe you are the one that will take good care of me."

"Is that so?, whatever you want."

"Then there is a kind of feeling of wanting to follow you, Teacher."

"Really?, don't think about it too much."

That must be the effect of my 'Nature Tamer' skill. It's unique, making her dependent on me is it?, interesting.

Then we finished the food and drinks we got in the Great Jura Forest, then we camped for a few days in the Great Jura Forest, while adding more companions.

" Teacher look, isn't it cute?"

"Shiro, what did you bring?"

Shiro brought a large white ant with a red stripe the size of an adult cat, the ant looked scared. I used 'Nature Tamer' again on the ant to calm it down. Then it jumped out of Shiro's grasp and hid behind me.