Chapter One

Chapter One

Alexander

The day has come, it's official time for the chemistry reading for the new movie I got casted for. As if it wasn't enough to make me want to die, this time the director came up with the amazing idea that I should dance with the 20 something women who got into the final round of the casting. I always hated this part of the choosing process, but with the dancing it's going to be a hundred times worse. It's not like I can't dance, actually I'm pretty good at it, but slow dancing is just so fucking cheesy, and I HATE cheesy stuff. Acting out some of the scenes from the script to see how we would work together, sure I could do that, because after all that's my job and I love it, but I don't think that I get paid enough to the dancing part. When I first heard Robert's idea from my agent James I instantly said no, but honestly a moment later I regretted it because it led to James's 20-minute lecture about how I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to take the huge opportunity I was given. Sure thing it's a privilege to work with Robert, he is one of the best directors in the industry, but still I draw my line at dancing. Turns out James in fact does not care about my lines and told Robert that I'll do the dancing, fan-fucking-tastic. That brings us to the current situation, where I've just got out of bed, 15 minutes late, and rushing through my morning routine before leaving my apartment. Running between the bathroom, the kitchen, and my bedroom I'm trying to do everything under 20 minutes, which normally would take me about double of the time I have today. I quickly throw on a pair of linen pants and a shirt that matches it, going for a comfortable but still elegant look. After that I race back to the bathroom to style my hair and to brush my teeth, then I run out of the door while grabbing my phone, keys and coffee to-go from the kitchen counter. I quickly lock my apartment and head to the elevator finally making my way out of the building. Luckily James is already here, to drive me to the studio. When I get into the car, I steal a glance at my watch and congratulate myself when I see that I am only 7 minutes late. But then James looks at me and I don't think he is even half as impressed as I am. Before he could say anything, I start explaining myself, because quite frankly I'm not in the mood for another lecture.

"Look man, I know I am late, and I also know that this shit is important, but I swear to God my alarm did not work. I woke up 15 minutes late. I think you should be proud of me instead of being all pissed."

"Wow Hayes look at you apologizing, are you sure you are feeling okay?" He jokes.

"Don't get used to it, actually I think you should be the one apologizing!" I quickly answer.

"Why should I?" He asks. "Because I made sure you don't lose the biggest opportunity of your life?" He continues.

"No, because you agreed to the dancing shit behind my back!"

"So basically, we are speaking about the same thing." He says while laughing.

"James it's not funny. Honestly what were you thinking?" I ask. But just as I finished my question James pulls into his parking spot in front of the studio and gets out of the car. When I get out of the car too, James is already at the door, but before entering he looks back at me over his shoulder while saying "Come on Prince Charming, time to do some dancing." And then he disappears behind the door. As I walk through the entrance I chuckle while thinking, how much I want to kill that bloody idiot, I call my agent and also my best friend.