Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Darla

Although this morning I woke up, feeling excited and energised, I'm starting to get pretty anxious. I've been sitting in the studio for the past 20 minutes, first, I was 15 minutes early like always, because I hate being late, and second, Alexander Hayes still hasn't arrived, I guess he does not mind being late. Fidgeting with the hem of my blue sundress, I look around, feeling out of place between all these gorgeous women dressed in designer clothes. Even though I could definitely afford to buy those things, I'd much rather spend my money in one of the small boutiques in my area, and usually I don't give a fuck what they think, but now I kind of regret choosing this outfit. Actresses fill the space, talking about God knows what, but the chatter dies out as soon as the door opens, and a pretty tired looking Alexander enters the room. Dressed in a pair of beige linen pants, and an olive-green shirt, sunglasses on, with his dirty blonde hair styled to stand in 60 different directions, he looks around the studio. His whole appearance screams old money, and honestly it suits him, and even though I think he is handsome, all I can afford currently is just looking. I already know that I will have to sign a contract, in which I'll agree to not to have any type of romantic relationship with any of the cast members if I get chosen. Missing out on the chance to play in a film directed by none other than Robert Brawning, one of the greatest directors? I'm definitely not risking that. Alexander walks in with his coffee to-go in hand he sits down next to a man who is somewhere in his late twenties or early thirties, I'm pretty sure he is James, his agent. As soon as they arrived everyone got seated, and a couple of moments later, Robert entered the room with several other professionals by his side. He explained what we are going to do, which is basically dancing with Alexander to a song of our choice, to see how we would work together. He also read through a list to tell us in what order we are going, turns out I'm last, that's just wonderful. I'm already too nervous for my own good, but now I have to wait at least another hour and a half until it's my turn. I first try to focus on the dancing happening in front of me, but after the third girl's performance, I get my phone out because honestly watching them trying is painful. It's not like they can't dance, but the sparks are just not flying. So far none of them had the chemistry I think is necessary for a good romantic movie, and I watched like a thousand of those. So instead of watching them, I text our group chat hoping that at least one of my three friends would keep me company.

Never-Ending Nonsense

Darls

Someone keep me company, watching this thing honestly hurts. There is no spark whatsoever, also, I'm the last one. I'm kind of freaking out over here!

Nate

OMG, you are at the casting, a totally forgot about that. Is Alexander Hayes just as hot in real life as on screen?

Darls

I'm not talking about that with you, because you literally find every man attractive.

Nate

So he is hot, I knew it! I made a mistake when I chose my carrier. I am going to my boss right now. I'm about to quit my job and become an actor.

Mommy Sav

What on Earth is going on here?! Nate you go back to your desk and sit your ass down because, you're not quitting your job! And Darls don't panic, you're gonna charm your way into Robert's heart. Trust me you already have that role!

Nate

Okay mom! I'm back at my desk!

Mommy Sav

Don't call me mom!

Darls

Thanks Sav! It means a lot!

KayKay

I think Nate you should do, what you want to do, I think you'd totally crash that acting gig.

Mommy Sav

Kayla please don't!

I catch myself smiling at my phone, and just like that all my worries disappeared. I'm so thankful to have them as my friends. After putting my phone away, I focus back on the dancing Alexander in the middle of the room, and hope that my friends are right about me getting the job.