Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Alexander

I've been dancing with random women at the studio for the last 2 hours, and I'm starting to get fed up with the whole situation. After every 3-minute dance, I lost more and more hope, that any of these actresses will have the amount of chemistry with me that is much needed for a romance movie. By the time it's the last girl's turn, I want nothing more than to go back to my apartment and spend the rest of my day there by myself. But as soon as I realise who the last girl is, I'm definitely more interested in the whole dancing thing. In the morning when I entered the studio, my eyes found the girl sitting in the corner of the room, wearing a blue sundress paired with white Converses. I instantly noticed how gorgeous she was, and now as she makes her way to me, I get lost in her pretty features. Unfortunately, my staring session is cut short as soon as one of Robert's coworkers starts the music. First, we start swaying to the song, and I immediately feel more comfortable in the situation than the other 21 times before. As the song gets faster, we start making bigger strides, and I just know that this is it, she is the girl who has the get the role. She follows my lead, but at the same time she has the amount of confidence that is necessary. I spin her around and when I pull her back to my chest, she looks up at me. Our eyes lock, and I feel like I'm drowning, but in the best way possible. In the background the music ends, but I'm too lost in her ocean blue eyes to care, but unfortunately, I can't hold onto her forever. As I let go of her, she studies her shoes, like they are the most interesting things in the whole studio. When she steps away, she looks up at me with a shy smile on her lips. I don't know what goes through my mind, but I smile back at her, and whisper "Thank you!" Her cheeks turn a pretty shade of pink, and honestly, I feel like I'm blushing too. What the heck am I doing? Thanking her for a dance that wasn't even her choice to do?

☆..☆..♡..☆..☆

After we finished the chemistry reading, the girls left, and I was led to another room with rest of the staff. We are supposed to be discussing our experiences of today's events, but honestly, I don't think there needs to be a discussion. From my point of view, it was pretty fucking obvious who should get the role. That girl was magnificent, the way she moved was pure magic. Lost in thought, I flip through the casting sheets looking for the page which is about her. After a bit of searching, I find it, her name is Darla Houghton, Darla, it fits her. I'm already halfway done with reading her sheet when a hand lands on my shoulder and James takes a seat next to mine. I immediately close the little notebook, like I'm a five-year-old who just got caught stealing cookies from the kitchen.

"Who are we stalking Hayes?" he asks smiling.

"No one!" I reply quickly, way too quickly.

"You know, you can't fool me, Alex, and if you think otherwise, you're just simply stupid." he says while laughing. "So which girl caught your eyes?" he asks again.

Fortunately, Robert enters the room, saving me from James's nonsense. He takes a seat at the head of the table and starts speaking about today's chemistry reading. He thanks the staff for bringing his idea to life and then they get into a full-on conversation about stuff I don't understand. After 15 minutes of, Robert finally asks for my opinion.

"Alexander what do you think? Who did you feel most comfortable with? After all, you are the one who spent all morning dancing.

"I think Darla Houghton would be the perfect fit for the role." I reply without any hesitation. "Our chemistry was good, and while dancing I also felt like she had the confidence that is needed for the character we have in mind."

Robert thanks me and after some more discussion between him and the staff the meeting is finished, and I finally get to go home.