Chapter 7

Kian knew he was using Isa, but something was morphing, making him less sure he wanted to kill her at the end of everything. He still might though, because she's in the way of his goals. He can feel the tension in her body, her strength finally making its way to the forefront, once she got over the fear of being in his presence. He could hear Tristan and isa conversing back and forth, as she tries to figure out how he could have just left her there by herself deep in grief. "-Instead, you join evil Robin Hood and his merry fucking band of dark fae." He picks up on Isa's insult and chuckles to himself, amused by being called an evil Robin Hood. He tunes them out, as they were getting close to the camp for the night. He stops his horse and hops off after helping Isa slide off. "Alright men, set up for the night, get some food in your bellies and get some rest. this is our last stop before reaching king malik's kingdom."  Kian grabs isa and walks inside. "The doors lock from the outside, don't think about another escape attempt."  She huffed and glared at him, walking over and starting a fire. "I don't have a need to escape, Kian. I'd like to meet my family. my birth family that is." She stares him down, her hands on her hips, and he finally notices the hint of tattoos peeking out of her long-sleeved shirt. "Look princess, i know this is difficult-" "YOU. KNOW. NOTHING." She Snapped at him, glaring even harder now. her eyes filling with fury. "Easy, princess. I didn't do this to you." Kian glared back just as hard; he could feel the tension rising between them. Isa walked towards him, glaring even harder now at his attitude. When she got up to him, he grabbed her and yanked her against him. "Watch your mouth, princess, I may tolerate you being a sassy bitch, but I won't tolerate all of the disrespect." Kian wrapped his hand around her throat and got in her face, "watch. Your. Tone" Isa growled low in her throat and went to snark back but was interrupted by a knock on the door. "Uh, boss, there's a rumor spreading that the king is sending men after us." Tristan seems anxious, but Kian is grinning like the Cheshire cat. "Hear that, Princess? Daddy dearest is sending out people looking for you" Kian chuckles and stares into Isa's fearful gaze. The look in her eyes makes Kian uneasy, as her magic begins sparking again. "She really needs to get a handle on her magic" Kian thinks boredly. "Pack up the horses and the men Tristan, we aren't sleeping here tonight." Kian tells one of his fae, "Yes boss." and Tristan runs off to do as he is told.