61-70

Chapter 61"I'm back, I'm back." The door opened with a creak, and Xia Dalang ducked in. He jumped up and down and rushed to Master Xia, with a look of horror on his face.

 "You are too old to be stable." Mr. Xia scolded, and turned to Wang Wu, who followed Xia Dalang in. "Brother Wang, what is the situation outside?"

 "There's chaos." Wang Wu looked solemn: "Dalang and I walked around the village, and similar monsters appeared in more than a dozen homes. The situation... is not good."

 Mr. Xia immediately understood what he meant. Farmers in the countryside usually have a large family living in one yard. If one person turns into a monster, he cannot be killed immediately. If he bites another person and turns into a monster again, the whole family cannot escape.

 "Dad, that monster seems to be afraid of light." Xia Dalang interjected: "Everyone was hiding in the shadow of the house. We were discovered, and no one dared to chase him."

 "The sun's light is the concentration of righteousness, and evil things are afraid of light." Mrs. Xia said immediately. She used to believe in gods and Buddhas, but in fact she was not that religious. She also believed in Taoism and Buddhism. In her opinion, they were all different. They are gods, but they don't know that gods can fight.

 Last night's experience strengthened Mrs. Xia's faith. She didn't see the Buddha's apparition, and the Taoist spells must be useful. So when Xia Dalang opened his mouth, she immediately took out what Xu Laodao once said.

 "This is a good thing." Mr. Xia said. The monster was not afraid of pain and was extremely powerful. It was really difficult to deal with. If they hadn't had the talisman, life or death would have been unpredictable last night. Since this monster is afraid of light, it can be regarded as giving ordinary people a way to survive.

 Wang Wu thought for a while and said hesitantly: "I just don't know whether it was our place that suffered a disaster, or..."

 Mr. Xia's expression condensed. He would rather have such a monster appear only in Qingshui Village. His second daughter and his wife's family are both in the county, and his youngest son and grandson went to the Imperial Capital.

 Mrs. Xia also thought about this. She didn't think that monsters were everywhere. How could such a thing happen? In all the years since the founding of the Da'an Dynasty, there has not been much chaos. The Imperial Capital is where the emperor lives, and it is safer than their small mountain village.

 The old lady immediately clasped her hands and recited "Amitabha". After reciting, she felt that something was wrong. She now believed in Taoist ancestors, so she recited "Infinite Heavenly Lord" again and muttered: "Fortunately, my Yuanbao is not at home. He was weak since he was a child. But I can't stand being scared."

 Mr. Xia stood there thinking for a while, patted his head, stood up and told his family: "First, count the food at home and see how long it will last."

 Regardless of whether this disaster only affects their village, food is always the top priority when encountering a disaster. It would be a great loss not to be killed by monsters and starve to death first.

 Their family will not starve to death. People in the countryside have the habit of storing food. Every family has a cellar. The harvests have been good in recent years, and they can save enough food every year. The Xia family is rich and needs more material storage.

 Mrs. Xia immediately went with Qiao Niang to inventory the food and supplies at home. Mr. Xia asked Brother Dong to follow them so that they could take care of them if anything happened. Mr. Xia stayed behind to discuss with the others what to do next.