Partners In Crime

I would never let them take us. "You'll us never take us alive." I'd always yell to the cops.

We were the villains of this godforsaken town.

We swore death will do us part, and we took it seriously. He always swore he'd love me beyond the grave. Always.

He also said that "they'd call our crimes a work of art".

That one I wasn't sure of, but I knew he wouldn't let me down. If he said it, it would happen. That was it. "We'll live like spoiled royalty, Lovers and Partners, partners in crime" He would always tell me, and frankly, I agree.

We're lovers, he was my world, and I wouldn't ever leave his side. Not even in death, and I know he wouldn't leave mine.

"We're a reckless love, living a life of crime on the run". He told me one day

Then he said "I brush to a gun to paint these states green and red."

And though he said weird things,I still undyingly love that man. He never lied to me.

He started every act with "Everybody freeze"

Then I'd shout out "Nobody move"

"Put the money in the bag!" He yelled.

"Or we will shoot!" I call.

"Empty out the vault, and me and my doll will be on our way"

Then we'd flee the site as quickly as possible. Everyone in the town knew to avoid us because our paper faces flood the streets

"If the heat comes close enough to burn then we'll play with fire cause," He'd say whenever I asked him about fires.

"They'll 'never take us alive, we swore that death will do us part, they'll call our crimes a work of art." Then before I could say anything else about his safety, which was most important to me, because I loved him, he'd say "We'll live like spoiled royalty, lovers and partners, Partners in crime"

This happened every time, although I love him, he can be very stubborn. I always worried about his safety. It was number one on my list. Even though we'd never let them take us alive, I'd like to stay alive.

We finally got to our next location, after the last one went so smoothly, and out little argument ended.

But something here felt different, and I knew that this lone store owner won't go down without a fight.

He got us in his store, and called the police before we could get out.

"Where we gonna go?" I yelled

"He's got us pinned" He screamed

"Baby, I'm a little scared" I cowered, grabbing on to his arm.

"Now, don't you quit, Ash, don't you quit." He turned me so I was looking at him, and held me at arm's length.

"He sounded the alarm; I hear the sirens closing in!" I whimpered

He pulled me close to his side,

"If the heat comes close enough to burn then we're burning this place to the ground cause,"

"You'll never take us alive." I yelled at everyone

"We swore that death will do us part, and even then, Ashy." He whispered in my ear

"Cody, they'll call our crimes a work of art?" I asked softly

"We'll live like spoiled royalty" He replied, just as soft "Lovers, and partners, partners in crime."

"This is the Sheriffs police department! Come out with your hands up! We have the place surrounded!"

They called, and we exited the store, our weapons up, and ready to defend ourselves.

We'll never let them take us alive.

"Put your weapons down! PUT YOUR WEAPONS DOWN!" They called twice, and we left out weapons up both times.

We wouldn't put our weapons down, not for anyone or anything at this point.

"Ready men! Aim! FIRE!" The officer screeched

"The skies are black with lead filled rain!" I yelled to Cody.

"A morbid painting on display!" He yelled back

Then they got him; they shot Cody right below his beautiful heart. I bent down to his side, and he said his last words: "Baby, I love you, Now DUCK!"

Then they shot me in the head. It was extremely painful but over quickly.

"This is the night the young love died" I thought

"I hope we're buried at each other's side." I faintly heard Cody's voice say in the in-between.

Now, in the night on the streets in the town where Cody and I died, you can faintly hear someone singing:

"You never took us alive"

"We swore that death would do us part, so now we haunt you in the dark."

"You never took us alive"

"We live as ghost among these streets, Lovers, and partners, partners in crime"

And that Is Cody and I, singing our song. Partners in Crime.