Somewhere In Hiding

"Girl, please come back from the place that you hide," I heard him yell. "How about tonight? I'll care for you, I promise. I won't hurt you or let anything hurt you. I wanna see you, and make sure you're okay, let's get out of here!"

"Why won't you come out of hiding? I'm worried about you!" He was yelling again.

I did not want to hear this now. Why won't he leave me alone? I am comfortable where I am. About to be happy, and he'll be fine without this crazy girl needing all his attention.

"Let's get this straight! Is it the passion that's been lacking? Because, Baby, I love you. I'm sorry I haven't been around often, I had work, and it wasn't because I don't love you. What can we do, or I do, to fix this Anna? I want to help you!"

"I need some medicine" I whispered so softly he couldn't hear it, I needed it. That was the problem. I was here, and the medicine to keep me okay was at home.

"We are nothing but sinking ships!" I finally decided to respond audibly, rather cryptic though. But what could he expect with me in this state.

"I can't save you! At least not when I have no clue where you are. Please, Anna."He yelled, knowing deep down I needed him to save me from the place we both know I was.

"We are nothing but sinking ships." I repeated.

"Girl, please come back from the place that you hide, how about tonight? I wanna see you, let's get out of here." He repeated the phrase he started with, the one that usually gets me to stop hiding.

"Take back, take back my heart, I don't mind" I yelled to him.

"If you're not mine, I see no point in even having one. If you're gone, there's no reason for me to have yours or my heart, Anna. Please come out here to me." He said.

"Take a look at me, I'm the one who's sinking and, falling faster in a matter of seconds." I screamed "You're fine! Fine without me, fine in life! I'm the one who is dying on the inside!"

"Anna, I know. Please. I want to help you. I don't want to hurt you, ever. I want to help you."

You're trying to break me, but you'll never break me down. I'm not coming out. You'll have to find me if you want to save me."

"Girl, please come back from the place that you hide. I wanna see you, Anna, I have to know you're okay. Let's get out of here."

"Take back my heart, I don't mind. 'Cause if you're not mine, I see no point in even having one." I hummed the line we completed for each other the last time he said that to me. Maybe he does really want to help me... He said his heart was useless without me. I know mine is without him.

'Take back my heart, I don't mind.' I thought about the line and about him.

"Why won't you stop this hiding? Why won't you come out baby?" He yelled as I finally decided to leave my hiding place.

I walked out from behind the trees and into the clearing he was standing in. The moment he saw me he ran to me and scooped me up in his arms whispering how much I scared him and that he was glad I was safe. I felt loved. This is what I needed to pull me away from the ledge I was standing on the other side of those trees.