Another Heart Calls

"Do you remember when we didn't care?"  She asked.

"We were just two kids that took the moment when it was there" He reminisced

"Do you remember you at all?" She cried, thinking back to how he used to be.

He did. Of course he remembered him and her and them and everything that they were, together and apart.

"Another heart calls" they both thought, knowing that they were drifting apart. 

"Yeah I remember when we stole the night" He laughed. 

"We'd lie awake but dreaming 'til the sun would wash the sky" they said simultaneously lovingly

"Just as soon as I see you but didn't I, but didn't I tell you? I love you, Pen, you know I do."

"As deep as I need you, you wanna leave it all" Pen yelled, "I need you and you don't know how to be here for me. You say you love me, but you can't manage this!"

"What can I do?" He cried

"Say it's true"

"Or everything that matters breaks in two?" He mumbled

"Say it's true"

"I'll never ask for anyone but you." They both feared losing each other. 

"Talk to me. Tell me exactly what you're thinking. I'm throwing myself in front of you."

"This could be the last mistake that I would ever wanna do. Losing you over this would be the stupidest thing I could ever do." 

"Yeah all I ever do is give it's time you see my point of view" They both yelled. 

Just as soon as I see you. But didn't I, but didn't I tell you?  He was starting to wonder if he had ever told Penny that he loved her. With how much she was yelling and crying, he began to wonder if he had ever done anything right. 

"As deep as I need you. You wanna leave it all." She yelled at him again. 

Their cycle started over. 

"What can I do?"

"Say it's true. Tell me the truth. Whether its that you love me or you want to leave me. " 

"I'll never ask for anyone but you" He was starting to realize the gravity of the situation. 

"I know what you want is to figure it out. And God knows I do too" She softened

"What can I do?" He asked again. "I'm sorry"

"So what?" She was started to get agitated again. He never listened the first time. 

"You don't think I've said enough. I'm sorry" All he wanted was for her to forgive him. 

"I don't care. You were never there." And that was the end of it. 

He couldn't get her back. No matter what he did from this point on, he was without her. He couldn't change her mind. He messed up.

Everything that matters breaks in two.